No announcement yet.

Commons votes WAR!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought it was a free vote, technically. If you go to the BBC website, they posted a list of MP's who voted against war, and a great deal of them are Labour.
    "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

• Afghanistan is in ruins. There are basically two countries there now: Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, and Islamic Republic of Kabul The country is not quite rebuilding much at all, and warlords still rule most of it

Name a time when Afghanistan hasn't been in ruins? It isn't a place that is good for humans. And the goal there was simply to kick the Taliban out. The end goal in Iraq is to install a democracy there.

Does it really matter if they can come in at any time and kill you?!

Such as? Oh, wait, you mean when Indians revolted (which they've done in many almost Civil Wars since independance), they should have just sat there?

Apparently, SOMEONE hasn't been to India. And trust me, I've visited Bombay, New Dehli, and Calcutta before.

*looks at self* Hmm, thought so. I look like Indian ethnicity!

Every Indian I've talked to loves the British. They want to be the British. Even when I went over to Pakistan, they expressed a deep respect for the Brits and sent their kids to British schools.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
        Apparently, SOMEONE hasn't been to India. And trust me, I've visited Bombay, New Dehli, and Calcutta before.

*looks at self* Hmm, thought so. I look like Indian ethnicity!

Every Indian I've talked to loves the British. They want to be the British. Even when I went over to Pakistan, they expressed a deep respect for the Brits and sent their kids to British schools.
        Tass' mouth, meet foot.

Do you want some nice curry to go with that?

btw, the plan to spin off the colonies to independant status began with Canada and the Durham Report. Lord Durham concluded that independence for Canada would be better for the Empire. He was right.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• And the goal there was simply to kick the Taliban out.
          Bush said that we would rebuild the nation

they should have just sat there?
          No, they should have left

I look like Indian ethnicity!

Sorry, but I consider Indians in Dehli, Bombay, etc slightly more representative of India than someone in Georgia

Every Indian I've talked to loves the British.
          Really? In India there seemed to be DEEP resentment towards the British. Especially in Calcutta.

Even when I went over to Pakistan, they expressed a deep respect for the Brits and sent their kids to British schools
          And why don't I believe this? Oh yeah, Pakistan hates the western world Try again Imran.....
          Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
          Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul Hanson
            I thought it was a free vote, technically. If you go to the BBC website, they posted a list of MP's who voted against war, and a great deal of them are Labour.
            It wasn't a free vote in any sense of the word. A free vote means that all whips are off; in this case, Labour whips were racing around the Commons begging Labour MPs not to rebel, threatening them with all kinds of things, saying that Blair would be forced to call a General Election if too many people rebelled.

That's not a free vote.
            "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

Working...
            X