Help me with Japanese hieroglyphs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me with Japanese hieroglyphs!

If you know pls send me JPGs of Japanese hieroglyphs that mean "luck", "happiness", "health", "fun", "love".
    Thank you forward.

And also Chinese hieroglyphs if you can.

Do not send cussing hieroglyphs because i don't want to insult anybody.
    money sqrt evil;
    My literacy level are appalling.

Teehee!
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

2DaShi you can send me'em to golub_m2000@yahoo.com or attach'em to your next message. OK?

Offtopic: Do the names "Toyama" and "Tokanava" exist?
      money sqrt evil;

Comment

For Chinese, I recommend www.zhongwen.com
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

If you want jpgs you'll have to wait until I get home.

However, if your browser has Japanese support installed:

Luck:

Happiness:
          幸い
          Health:
          元気
          Fun:
          楽しい
          Love:

Note that I'm making many, many assupmtions about exactly what you're looking for. Good luck, for instance, rather than bad luck.

Edit:
          And they're called ideographs. Kanji if you're talking about Japanese in specific.

Wraith
          "Ecchi nano wa ikenai to omoimasu!"
          -- Mahoro ("Mahoromatic")

Comment

toyama is a valid surname.

tokanava probably doesn't, since japanese doesn't really have a "v" sound.

wraith is right pointing out that they're not called heiroglyphs; that often specifically refers to the ancient egyptian writing system.

although they can still be referred to as ideographs, the current literature favors calling them logographs instead, as ideographs implies that the characters themselves are full ideas, when, more often than not, they're merely morphemes that build words.

the "japanese heiroglyphs" that you speak of are actually only chinese logographs that the japanese have adapted to use. they're referred to as kanji.

for happiness and fun, he's provided you with the adjectives. luck, love, and health are all nouns.
            B♭3

Comment

I can see only half of the hieroglyghs. I want JPGS
              money sqrt evil;

Comment

And Mr Wraith said you would simply have to wait for jpgs
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
                  For Chinese, I recommend www.zhongwen.com
                  Very nice thing... Exactly what i want. Chinese is very logical language. It's so hard to learn it.
                  How did you learn English? Simply intresting I started to learn English 2 and half years ago. It appeared to be very unlogical at the begining. English is not less rich and emotional as Russian and much more emotional that simplified Hebrew.

How many people in China know English? Do they hate foreighners?

Internet is THE best of all Great wonders. It allows people to communicate and to understand each other. It's the best way ti fight racism and nazism. For example some Russian think, that chinese people only produce rubber and copulate, but they change their opinion after conversing with you. The internet is peace technology of the future. I want to create the new thread about cultures and mentalities to avoid racism at apolyton, but i'm afraid, that Ming will remove the thread and will ban me. Wgat do you think about it?
                  money sqrt evil;

Comment

... and they're kanji.
                    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

hopefully, a .gif file will do.

you might want to double check these, since i actually only speak korean and a little japanese, meaning that the translations might not be completely correct from the japanese viewpoint, and as a korean, i don't need to know as many~ and being born in the us, i never learned them because of that.

one thing to note: the japanese pronunciations may differ from the chinese ones, which may differ from the korean ones. also, some of the characters may not be exactly the same. you have this issue even in china, between cantonese and mandarin speakers.
                      Attached Files
                      B♭3

Comment

My Japanese vocabulary is rubbish and I know barely any kanji, but now I know the "pronunciation" I could let my Japanese IME + fonts do the job, so I can make JPG now if you need bigger ones.

And, by the way, I guess you meant "tokanawa" for a surname. Japanese may not have a v, but Russian doesn't have a w.
                        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

I learned English from bubble gum wrappers and '80s sitcoms.
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Cool Thank you. I asked for this not only for fun. The second reason is that my mother is proffesional manicurist and hieroglyphs are very popular in nailart.

Korean and Japanese people, do you understand each other? The languages are from the same lingual group but have centures of evolution. As i noticed Ukrainians ofthen understand Bulgarian but not always and not everything.

How many foreighn words are in Korean language? Do you have own words for "democracy", "elecricity", "vodka", "helicopter"?
                            money sqrt evil;

Comment

Yes, GIF is better than JPG because it's two color and can be compressed better.
                              money sqrt evil;

Comment

Working...
                              X