The strongest is always right.
    We will prove it shortly
    A Lamb was quenching it's thirst
    In a clear stream;
    A starving Wolf suddently appears, looking for a meal,
    Brought here by hunger.
    "How dare you foul my water hole?
    Said the Wolf full of righteous fury:
    -You will be chastised for you temerity.
    -Sire, replies the Lamb, Your Majesty
    Need not be angry;
    But rather consider
    That I am drinking
    More than twenty feet
    Downstream from him;
    Therefore in no way
    Could I spoil his water.
    -Oh, yes you do, growled the cruel beast;
    And I heard that you spoke ill of me last year.
    -How could I, if I were not yet born?
    The Lamb persisted, I am still nursing.
    If it were not you, then it must have been your brother.
    -I don't have any. -Then it was one of your lot;
    Because you are always pestering me,
    You, your shepherds and your dogs.
    So I have been told: I must avenge myself."
    With that, deep in the forest,
    The Wolf carried off the Lamb, and ate it,
    Without further ado.

I know Saddam is not the lamb. I just wanted to illustrate where comes the fact that
    We
    Are
    Right

Power, and nothing else, makes the US "right"
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Originally posted by Dissident
      I think most of that was just PC nonsense. It is always politically correct to have moment of silences and such.
      You ungrateful twit! How dare you downplay the emotions of other nations felt after what happened. We were all shocked and disgusted and appalled. Here in Canada the whole country almost ground to a halt as we collectively expressed our grief for those that died.

God, I'm getting sick of you "ugly Americans" spouting off such nonsense! Open your eyes, there's a whole world out there, not just your own little corner of it.

Comment

• War is worse than a 9/11 in every major city, every day ,as long as the war goes on.
        So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
        Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

• Willem,

I'm sure lots of people cared. Unfortunately, the "you had it coming" crowd didn't miss a beat, and did a lot to drown out the sympathy - which was and is appreciated.

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Originally posted by My Wife Hates CIV
            I'll go on the record right now before the war (if you want to call it that) starts.

There will be more freindly fire deaths (US) than real combat deaths. US forces will suffer only small numbers. Much like the first Gulf War. And even the freindly fire might not be that many. Less than 500 US deaths.

On the Iraq side... it all depends on what happens as far as will they fight. More people in Iraq will be killed by air raids/missiles than by our (US) ground troops. This because most if not all will give up - those outside of the capital. Inside the capital - those iraqi might fight, but not for long.

But this will not be a war. This is a clean up operation. It's over before it really even starts. And I'm not saying it's not a big operation... just that iraq really really military wise sucks compared to the US.

USA!!!
            Last time you didn't have to do urban warfare. You probably will this time. That could very well be like Mogadishu, but on a much larger scale More like Berlin or Stalingrad

The American soldiers will have the advantage of night vision and heavy air support, but that will not save them from casualties in close range combat.

And BTW, friendly fire is not!
            So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
            Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

• This thread is probably redundant now.
              (+1)

Comment

• Originally posted by Taz
                This thread is probably redundant now.
                Geez, you woke me up for that?

Comment

• Yep!
                  (+1)

Comment

Working...
                  X