The great Finnish election thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The great Finnish election thread

You know, to control the otherwise inevitable onslaught of threads about Finnish election and how confusing ballot(???) caused some people in Kymi to accidentally vote for Pat Buchanan.

We'll start to get results in about a hour from now. I voted for the lone Liberal candidate here in Pohjois-Karjala - I don't know anything about him except that he's 18 years old and looks geeky but hey, at least my vote's not going for Tony Halme. Besides, I couldn't really bring myself to vote for any other party. I considered Coalition, since they had a some good candidates, but as long as they keep Ville "A bombing! A bombing! This presents an opportunity to blame the Internet!" Itälä as the party leader, they deserve to lose.

I'm a pessimist, so I fear that the result is that Centre wins big and we return to the wonderlands of red earth government and Centre's area policy (taking the money out of cities and trucking it to a big black hole in the midst of Savo, that is). And we'll continue to keep Tuomioja as the foreign minister. And Tony Halme gets in the parliament. (Remember, foreign folks, this official site of Halme campaign only conveys about 33% of his ridiculousness to you, since you can't read Finnish.) Oh well.
    "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
    "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

I voted for Sledge Hammer, 'cuz I don't want the Centre to become the administrative party...
    "On this ship you'll refer to me as idiot, not you captain!"
    - Lone Star

Comment

Centre party (Agrarian one), in it's current leadership, is nothing but a bunch of populist morons, demanding deficit spending and anti-US -politics.

And Tony Halme gets in the parliament.
      Actually, it seems that it's going to be likely.
      Last edited by RGBVideo; March 16, 2003, 14:02.

Comment

TONY HALME! YYYEEEES!!!!!

Last edited by RGBVideo; March 16, 2003, 14:08.

Comment

Eh?
          - Lone Star

Comment

No worries the real results of the voting day aren't in yet No worries the real results of the voting day aren't in yet No worries the real results of the voting day aren't in yet no worries the real results of the voting day aren't in yet no worries the real results of the voting day aren't in yet...
            "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
            "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Okay, now they're predicting result. (How are they doing that, anyway? Exit polling?)

Centre 57, Social Democrats 56.

It's going to be a tight'un.

Comment

32%!
                ****! ****, ****, ****, ****, ****, ****, ****!

EDIT: ok, 56.

Comment

Hehe funny that Halme guy
                  Finally a politician who trys to show off with violent sports
                  If its no fun why do it? Dance like noone is watching...

Comment

/me sleeps *
                    This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

This looks BAD. Only positive thing is that Paavo seems to lose his PM title.. But this is not what I want to see. Down with the 'sledge hammer'.
                      In da butt.
                      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

wow! we have an elections thread!
                        My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

Go Sledge!

- Lone Star

Comment

Do you guys have any decent parties?
                            Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

I don't like Centre party either, I don't like SDP closet communists.. BUT I absolutely LOATH the Sledge so much I'd rather see anyone getting that PM than him. Anyone.
                              I don't want to see any of these buttwipes in administrative power.. it would be kokoomus-liberals if I had my way, but you can't have everything.
                              In da butt.
                              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
                              X