No announcement yet.

Is putting people on Ignore rude?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's hilarious if used correctly. I put Ted Striker on mine then used to mercilessly insult him, answering his replies with "What's that? I can't hear you".

Childish and very effective.

In other cases it filters out "background noise" wastes of bandwidth, and those who just irritate me so much that I run the risk of turning innocent threads into a warzone. It's a great feature.

Edit- wrong person. It was Bob Dornan I ignored.
    Last edited by Bugs ****ing Bunny; April 1, 2003, 12:39.
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

I don't ignore anyone on the forums... er, that is, I do ignore quite a lot of people, but don't have anyone on my ignore list. On the chat, however...

-:- Ignorance List:
      [ 1] flash9286!*@*: ALL
      Of course that guy changes his name every now and then... so the next time he comes around I'll just ban him by his IP.
      This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Damn. Apparently I'm not allowed to put admins and mods on my ignore list.
        "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
          I would have expected Heresson on your list, Ecthelion. He'd be close to get on mine, if I wouldn't enjoy his troll fights with Serb. Actually, you have 2 names on your list I would also put on mine, if I ever decided to ignore somebody, which hardly will happen.
          Why?
          "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
          I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
          Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
            -->

Andy, you're a complete *******.
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

/me wonders if there's a "ignore bumps by this poster" feature on Apolyton *
              This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

I tried to put Mong on ignore, but it said I wasn't allowed to ignore mods.

Comment

Mong?
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
                    Mong?
                    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by Rogan Josh
                      I tried to put Mong on ignore, but it said I wasn't allowed to ignore mods.
                      Heh, this reminds me of last April 1st when I put LTEC! on my ignore list to prove she hadn't been made an Admin. I've still not bothered to remove her from it...

Comment

The only person I have on my ignore list is MarkG - because he refuses to free YYYHey and Stewart Spink!
                        "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                        Drake Tungsten
                        "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                        Albert Speer

Comment

You shouldn't be able to have put him on it in the first place.
                          "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

We will never forget.

Comment

Maybe I put him on before that rule was started. In any case, I'm not bothered by his posts anymore!
                              "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                              Drake Tungsten
                              "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                              Albert Speer

Comment

i wish i wasnt on berzerkers ignore list, i quite like the fellow, despite disagreeing with him.
                                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Working...
                                X