No announcement yet.

Is putting people on Ignore rude?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coracle is the only recurrent poster on my ignore list, and yet I can't help but reading all his posts. They are jus too entertaining

Ignoring people is fine, when they just generate noise and add nothing interesting to a thread (plenty of whiners in the Civ3 forums are like that). It makes threads much cleaner and pleasant to read.
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by obiwan18
      Why not scan through their posts?
      That's what I do. You are not obliged to answer anything, so there's no point in ignoring anybody.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Spiffor:

I don't ignore anyone because I have to know what my enemies are thinking so I'm prepared.
        I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Hmm when I answered this poll Apolyton showed the quote:

Why are you so hard to ignore?
          Generally I don't ignore anyone, you can always just skip past the post. The only person I have on my ignore list is there because of the way he structures his posts they are painful to read.
          "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

I only have one person on my ignore list. I had two but I kept wanting to read one persons posts so I had to take them off.
            "When you ride alone, you ride with Bin Ladin"-Bill Maher
            "All capital is dripping with blood."-Karl Marx
            "Of course, my response to your Marx quote is 'So?'"-Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Oh come on. Some people drive me bats and I'm sure that I drive some others bats. It's useful for a couple of days to prevent yourself flying into a rage.

You can read ignored persons' posts by clicking anyway, so it just adds a minor barrier.
              Only feebs vote.

Comment

it's not rude. it can maintain sanity for those who are weaker and get riled up easily
                "Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy

Comment

It´s inefficient. If they answer and you don´t read their post, they get in the last word.

I mean you can´t really punish them by putting them on your ignore list. Say if Dino got a little electric shock every time he tries to answer my posts, that might be worth it.
                  Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tribune
                    If they answer and you don´t read their post, they get in the last word.
                    Are there people who try to win arguments here ? I thought the whole OT's spirit was having fun while spamming.
                    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

That's what Counterglow is for.
                      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                        Are there people who try to win arguments here ? I thought the whole OT's spirit was having fun while spamming.
                        Spamming would be useless; OT doesn´t even increase your post count.
                        Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

It doesn't make spamming any less fun

Comment

Originally posted by devilmunchkin
                            it can maintain sanity for those who are weaker and get riled up easily
                            "weaker?"

That's not nice.
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

what? I cannot read the first post

Comment

it's not rude, but it's stupid
                                CSPA

Comment

Working...
                                X