No announcement yet.

Roll call: Gulf War II stance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why do you want Mexico on your side....you want to napp them to death with siesta`s? (no offence ment ofcourse) what is to good from the mexican military the US could need?
    Bunnies!
    Welcome to the DBTSverse!
    God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
    'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

I am undecided, since I have no idea wrt what the US plans to do in Iraq after the war.
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

probably the same as what they did with afganistan.....nothing....just leave it alone...they had time to play with there new toys and now they are going away again
        Bunnies!
        Welcome to the DBTSverse!
        God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
        'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
          actually since Israel is a garuntee

I probably won't be protesting

Jon Miller
          Hey, what a great idea! After the war is won, why not have Isreali troops stationed in Iraw to keep the peace?

Comment

Didn't the Brits send some 20,000+ troops? That's significant...
            Long time member @ Apolyton
            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

I'm opposed to the war no matter what the UNSC says. So, abstain.
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I am totally opposed to this war. If it goes ahead I am seriously considering some sort of civil disobedience.

Comment

This is a bad poll. Where is the banana option and the following option:
                  I am not a US citizen, I do not support the war regardless whether the UNSC approves it or not.
                  Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                  Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

I am not a US citizen and remain undecided on the war. I do not agree with the latest US position that disarmament is not enough and a regime change is also necessary to avoid war. While I would be happy to seem him gone, I do not know what authority allows one nation to dictate the form of government of another.

So far, this whole thing has been pretty predictable . . . Saddam "complies" a bit with weapons inspectors, delays and confuses things while the UN twiddles its thumbs
                    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

How about us U.S.-citizens who oppose the war even if the UN says ok?
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                        How about us U.S.-citizens who oppose the war even if the UN says ok?
                        Well, since you all will be rounded up soon, there's no reason to include you in the poll...
                        Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                        And notifying the next of kin
                        Once again...

Comment

Not a US citizen, but I would support any action which removes Saddam, regardless of UNSC support, simlpy because I (personal opinion) feel that the other members are just playing politcal games, while the Iraqi people suffer.

Wish the same resolve was shown against N-Korea .. before they do what Saddam can only dream of doing.
                          "Wherever wood floats, you will find the British" . Napoleon

Comment

This is a funny question. Don't think the UN matters to most Americans. Support from the UN swings the question something like 9 percentage points. The "friends like the UK, Australia, etc." swings it much more--about 20 percentage points.
                            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

I only support war if there is convincing evidence that Iraq's regime is planning terrorist attacks against european targets or if they support international islamic terrorists. And if they do, UNSC approval is irrevelant imo.
                              In een hoerekotje aan den overkant emmekik mijn bloem verloren,
                              In een hoerekotje aan den overkant bennekik mijn bloemeke kwijt

Comment

I am a US citizen and I don't support the war whether the UN is strung along or not.
                                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                                X