Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cultural Disconnect?: Dealing with my Korean boss.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm having a cultural disconnect with my mid-western boss. From what I've heard, our cultural rift is only slightly smaller than yours.
    "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
    Drake Tungsten
    "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
    Albert Speer

Comment

Did you try kicking him in the nads?
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I've heard that does wonders for improving mid-westerners....
        "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
        "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
        "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Originally posted by Seeker
          In Korea you can see a lot of makes I've never seen before, Samsungs, Daewoos, Ssanyongs, Matiz, etc.
          Don't forget Hyundai And Matiz is a Daewoo car...we get all of those in Europe...
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

"the faceless anonymity of corporate work, couple with good benefits, beats the crap out of this gig."

Hear hear!
            "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
            Drake Tungsten
            "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
            Albert Speer

Comment

Samsung was sold off, it's now technically part of Renault.

Ssangyong was purchased by Daewoo.

Daewoo, i believe, is now going to part of GM's stable.

The only korean automanufac that survived was Hyundai, which also owns Kia.
              B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by monolith94
                "the faceless anonymity of corporate work, couple with good benefits, beats the crap out of this gig."

Hear hear!
                Sneakster's boss is a typical Stage I manager. Faceless corporations belong to Stage II. Stage III started fifty years ago...
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                X