Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Under what circumstances (no pun intended) is circumcision acceptable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spiffor
    Do you Americans actually circumcise just for the heck of it, even without religious obligation ?
    Down here in Australia we just do it for laughs.
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

People circumsize their children because the father is that way. Tradition really. That is why I am cut.

BTW I included two statements in my post on the first page. Only one of those has been proven in a study.

Only one of those things is proven. Studies have shown that infants exposed to intense pain when they were less than 6 months of age have less resistance to pain later on.

I didn't want to give the impression that a loss of sensitivity is proven. I only say that because apolyonters convinced me of that . I really feel like I'm missing out on something good . Especially since I always wear condoms. I really can't feel that much during sex. This is why I prefer oral sex over intercourse .

Let this be a lesson to you. Don't cut your children!!

The only good thing is this skin can be grown into new skin for burn victims. This is a good thing!! So if you want to help others then do circumsize your son.

Comment

So by the same token, I don't think we should be giving newborns tatoos and getting their ears pierced...

You would suprised about how many parents pierce their daughters' ears when they are like 5 years old. Definetly not voluntary.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

They're not newborns, although I'm sure those opposed to circumcision as a cosmetic technique are opposed to parents forcing their children to have their ears pierced.

(Heh, the QOTD after I posted this was, "You want me to put *holes* in my ears and hang things from them?
          How... tribal."
          )

Originally posted by Eli
          Currently in Israel most of the circumcisions are performed by Rabbies. The are trained for this, but still.
          How exactly is a Rabbi trained to remove foreskins from babies?

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
            So by the same token, I don't think we should be giving newborns tatoos and getting their ears pierced...

You would suprised about how many parents pierce their daughters' ears when they are like 5 years old. Definetly not voluntary.
            Piercings aren't permanent. And a five-year-old can, to a limited extent, express consent to have a piercing.

Still, I don't think parents should be doing that, either.
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

How exactly is a Rabbi trained to remove foreskins from babies?
              They're trained on the procedure. Don't ask me how?
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

They peel baby carrots.
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
                  They're trained on the procedure. Don't ask me how?
                  Too late- I already did ask how they're trained (Your response of "They're trained" is simply mahvellous, btw).

Comment

Working...
                  X