No announcement yet.

New World Trade Center design chosen!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

actually when I heard it on the news I did not like it.

but after seeing a picture, it looks decent.

Comment

I don't like the design.

I think they should've built a couple of postmodern buildings and a large plaza in the middle, with a statue commemorating the events.

But this is for newyorkers to decide, obviously.
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
        Chicago still rules!
        Yep, the Malaysians hide behind the lie that a radio antia=a building. It does not. A building is only as high as the highest floor which people can go onto so Sear's tower is still number one and has been for 30 years.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

The architectural spire on the Petronas towers is what makes it higher, which is a lie. You can't build a house with a 1000m high antenna and call it worlds tallest, but you can build it with a non-functional spire and do so.

This should clear things up for which tower wins:

(be a minute... stupid computer)

Comment

i think the new wtc should be at least 2000ft minimum. we built the empire state building in the 30s(?) but this design is the best we can do today? being tall and big is all that matters when it comes to skyscrapers(hence their name)!
            Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

In today's paper there was new picture of the Liebskind proposal which, if accurate, means I severely underestimated the impact of the finished article. It's considerably more avant-garde than I thought, loadsa multi-coloured, skewed-lattice surfaces.
              Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
              Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Birdseed
                In today's paper there was new picture of the Liebskind proposal which, if accurate, means I severely underestimated the impact of the finished article. It's considerably more avant-garde than I thought, loadsa multi-coloured, skewed-lattice surfaces.
                I saw that picture too ... it looks completely different from all the other renderings I've seen of the structure.
                If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Ya the colors are very well done.
                  We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I don't like it. The buildings are not tall enough. The tower will hardly make up for this drawback.
                    Freedom is just unawareness of being manipulated.

Comment

Working...
                    X