New World Trade Center design chosen!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New World Trade Center design chosen!

Man I was hoping this one would win. I LOVE the big tower on the left, it looks amazing.

Well done!

(Hope this topic hasn't been posted already).

Attached Files
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

My first thoughts:
    Attached Files

Comment

Yeah I guess it does look that kinda huh...
      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

This is great! Do we know when construction is set to begin?
        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Did the New Yorkers or Americans have their say at any moment in the matter ?
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I don't think the commercial developers have chosen anything yet

In any case, dissapointing. Not as bad as the runner up - but quite randomly mediocre and lacking of presence

Comment

Not sure yet, I guess the big announcement is tomorrow, hopefully they will tell us.

I really liked this one, the lower level is awesome too.

Comment

Spiffor,

I think the redevelopment board included representatives like family members of the victims, etc.

Z,

Actually I thought that helix one was too trippy and unconventional.

Comment

thx for the info
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

The helix one was a terrible joke, without any capacity for business floors even

As for this, there is no construction planned. All this represents is a municpal committee decision. Reality and the real developers will hopefully bring it crashing

Comment

Would you like to rephrase that?
                      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Reality and the real developers will hopefully bring it tumbling in a chalky cloud of terror, much like a medium sized passeneger jet full of enough fuel to feed a fire which bends its structural integrity beyond sustainability

Comment

Originally posted by Zylka
                          In any case, dissapointing. Not as bad as the runner up - but quite randomly mediocre and lacking of presence
                          I agree with Zylka.

Must be another first.
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Well I think the tall tower has a very striking presence.

Comment

Noooo!

It's the ugly one! I wanted the two big huge pretty towers.
                              "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Working...
                              X