Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has the right to dissent in this country vanished since 9/11?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fair enough, don't think I've managed to stick it out to the end, get bored quite quickly. Ditto with F1 the equivalent of Nascar, only time F1 is exciting is when it's pissing it down and cars are going off left, right and centre.

otherwise watching them driving around and around in circles is extremely boring for all except the drivers themselves and esp. Michael Schumacher with his $23m a year contract.

Comment

If she hurts the feelings of those "patriotic" people, why shouldn't these people pay pack in kind?

Comment

She wasn't paid in kind: she mad e a silent protest, they scream their heads off. As I have said over and over, if you are trully offended, buy a flag and wave it.

As I have said before, all speech is protected, but not all speech is not equal, or even of the same quality. Do those people have the right to scream like monkeys (when will the begin to fling their feces?)? yes? Is it rigth, or a good counterprotest? I personally don't think so.

As for the 1968 Summer Olympics. The big story that year was how the Mexican government killed hundreds of protestors.
        If you don't like reality, change it! me
        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Demerzel
          fair enough, don't think I've managed to stick it out to the end, get bored quite quickly. Ditto with F1 the equivalent of Nascar, only time F1 is exciting is when it's pissing it down and cars are going off left, right and centre.
          Your in good company, I haven't watched a full game of basketball in years. It would be different I guess, if people you knew where playing like in a high school game.
          Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Merciless
            If she hurts the feelings of those "patriotic" people, why shouldn't these people pay pack in kind?
            if they are going to pay back in kind, then they can't shout and scream at her but should turn away from her and stand silently surely?

Originally posted by Sprayber

Your in good company, I haven't watched a full game of basketball in years. It would be different I guess, if people you knew where playing like in a high school game.
            Yes at school basketball was quite fun especially when it was mixed-sex games. I used to mark closely the girls I liked

Comment

So no one can tell me where this silly tradition started in the first place?
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Guynemer- re singing national anthems at sporting events.

Yes this is done in most countries.

It dates back to the Drury Lane Theatre in London on Sept. 28, 1745 and was a reaction to the Jacobite rebellion.

Anthems are frequently sung at large public assemblies, political rallies, sporting events, fairs & festivals, etc...

Not only is it fun but it shows the authorities that you aren't gathered for nefarious purposes !
                There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

I had more laughs in this thread than I thought possible...it was fun to watch just how far off the topic the argument between Chris and Boris went.
                  Talent Optional

Comment

Well the right to dissent is still, and the right to make a fool of youself, and the right to piss off your audience, and the right to be booed and dissed by them.
                    Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                    Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                    "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                    From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Working...
                    X