• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys know more about this than me, so don't count my vote

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker
      You guys know more about this than me, so don't count my vote
      nah I just have a lot of disatrous experience with my hallmates about fantasy leagues. In our first league we made mistake of making waiver period 2 day and roster change daily. EVERY 3AM in the morning, people lined up on my laptop fighting to pick up Free agents that would start a game next day. (because we accidentally set up point sys so that as long as you dont get too much negative stat points aka negative points, you always come out positive)

People had all 4 starting position going everyday and racked up thousands of points rapidly and people who didnt do this cheap trick fell behind QUICKLY.
      :-p

Comment

Players like Luis Castillo and Juan Pierre is overshadowed by meager player who can hit 20+ homers instead.

Well the 20 homer guys have to be able to hit for average too .

Oh, and in just about EVERY fantasy league, Batista was a better pickup than Castillo or Pierre.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
          Players like Luis Castillo and Juan Pierre is overshadowed by meager player who can hit 20+ homers instead.

Well the 20 homer guys have to be able to hit for average too .

Oh, and in just about EVERY fantasy league, Batista was a better pickup than Castillo or Pierre.
          not if you play Roto or maybe HtH, what if you need SB?

Comment

Well in HtH, you can always say, screw SB, take the loss and focus on average and homers and say I'll win if I do this.

Then again, we'll have to wait for the rest of the crew to wake up and discuss this. Personally, I'll go for any one.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

defintely... we need to discuss this with everyone. But personally, I think You need to pay attention to ALL stats the most in Roto. Cause if you just say "screw SB" then you'll fall bottom on that stat and you'll get virtually no point in it. But if you give at least little consideration while concentrating on other stats... it makes big difference.

I just like Roto the best, but we'll see what other people prefer. According to my personal experience, if you dont want an exploitable league games... avoid Point based league.

Comment

Cause if you just say "screw SB" then you'll fall bottom on that stat and you'll get virtually no point in it.

But if it is H-2-H, then it won't hurt you as much . It doesn't matter if you are on the bottom of that stat if you keep on winning games.

Comment

Hoorah! Totally Nowhere has arrived. Thanks for upping the number of teams, Imran!

Either method of play is fine with me.

Also, I used my Yahoo mail address to sign up, but I hardly ever check that mailbox. Either PM me here or use the email in my poly profile if any of you ever need to reach me.
                  "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                  "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                  "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

I joined up. The H2H might be worth a look. It would be better if it was based on FP but I think I can work with it.
                    God---He's my favorite fictional charater.----Homer Simpson

Comment

• Only bad thing about H2H is that even though you have a crappy but team that inputs a decent SBs lets say, it doesnt matter if you dont win that week. Since its done week by week. You might then say screw it and not even pay attention to SBs. In roto, it all adds up so if you neglect SBs, you may lose 11 points (last place gets 1 point i think) where if you even took small consideration in SB you could be earning extra 3-4 points etc.

Only thing I like in H2H is that they reward players for consitency. But they dont help you much if your player was in HR hitting hotstreak and you beat your opponent in HR category by three times the amount.

Comment

• The league is full, looks like I will miss the poly league this year.

First time in two years.
                        I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                        i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

• Head to Head keeps people in it longer, so you don't have people dropping out a month into the season. If you have a TERRIBLE week, you only lose one game. But if you have a few terrible weeks early, it's tough to catch up in a points league.

The biggest problem we have had is people lossing interest early. It takes all the fun out of it when half the teams are no longer active. At least H to H keeps the wimps around longer
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Lets do H2H. And when are we gonna draft?
                            "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris 62
                              The league is full, looks like I will miss the poly league this year.

First time in two years.

WTF Imran... didn't you contact the loyal hardcores by PM first to give them a chance before you opened it up to the masses. At least you know Chris would play till the bitter end, even if he was getting his ass kicked... which would be typical

IMRAN
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Typical? Ha!

The Slackers walloped the Mingers last year.

Yeah Imran, what's the deal?

You could have let me know, or saved a spot for the vets.
                                I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                                i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Working...
                                X