Apolyton Fantasy Baseball!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton Fantasy Baseball!!

Ok, we need to a) find a league, and b) find players . The season is not too long away. In the past we've used CBS Sportsline and Sandbox. However, both might be pay sites by now, I'm not sure. Yahoo is always out there, but I've heard not so good things.

Anyone got any ideas?

How about some baseball talk? NL East will be fun to watch, eh? Mets add Glavine, Floyd, and Staunton. Phills add Millwood, Thome, and Bell. Braves lose some big time pitchers and replace them with Byrd and Ortiz (?). Marlins have a young staff and add I-Rod. It'll be the best division in baseball, I'm sure.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

As Long as we aren't going to use

C ompletely
    B ad
    S ystem

I'll play
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Okay, I've seen this for the last few years so I'll join. What are the rules, etc?

Comment

I'm in as usual unless I have to mess with my line-ups too much, which is why I liked CBS! Sandbox requires too much micro-management and they suck for pulling the weasel "premium pay" move in the middle of the football season.
        There has to be any number of options out there....ESPN?
        Life and death is a grave matter;
        all things pass quickly away.
        Each of you must be completely alert;
        never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

Sportsline has a free fantasy baseball league, I already signed up a team a week ago, but I'd definitely join an apolyton group
          I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

I wasn't going to do baseball, but wtf. Yeah. Sign me up.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

If the timing works and it isn't a paysite or two tiered access league. Sure.
              I might as well just save you all the trouble... Ming is a bastard, Ming es un bastardo, Ming est un bâtard, Ming è un bastardo, Mingus bastardus est, Ming ist ein Mistkerl, Ming jest bêkartem, Ming är en horunge, Ming korcs, O Ming ine bastarthos, Ming on rakastajani...
              and if you don't understand any of these... Ming. Bastard is he. yesssss.

Comment

Well as always I am all for the freebie leagues, but perhaps we could get a small 8 player pay league going too?

Comment

I'm in if it's free. And yes, the NL East will be fun to watch. Then again, I always have fun watching the Phillies, even when they're losing. Just have to keep the proper perspective and remember it's just a game.
                  "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                  "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                  "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Yeah sign me up please.
                    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

FYI, for Sandbox you need to be a member of Sandbox Plus, so that's out.

CBS and Yahoo seem to be free. We have a choice... what'd ya guys want?
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Yahoo... or count me out. I hate CBS
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

Well we may have to count you out then, Ming

Comment

Last edited by SlowwHand; February 18, 2003, 18:56.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

NP... from the sound of your first post, it sounded like CBS wasn't going to be an option.

I'll just have to settle for my money league, and the one being set up at FFZ... No great loss if I'm not in a CBS league
                              Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                              X