• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Berzerker
    What are sp and rp?
    SP = starters
    RP = Relievers
    :-p

Comment

Flexibility maybe, BUT I don't want people hording Closers.

And why would you NEED saves? This isn't a Roto league, it's head to head.

And if we expand to 12 teams, I don't know if I was 21 players per team, though I might consider keeping it at that level, though I'm keeping the batting positions as is.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Boy oh Boy, I wish I had either 1,2,3rd pick or last. Last isnt too bad because you get to pick consecutively.... but I prefer to have the earlier order

then make it 3SP, 2 RP (give at least 2 man). and 2 Ps.
        Last edited by Zero; February 21, 2003, 02:01.

Comment

I'm actually thinking 5 SP and 2 RP, but since people dooo like flexibility, 4 SP, 2 RP, and 1 P is my preference.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Everyone else found it, bez... I didn't think a Libertarian would be asking to be led by the hand by the authority .

Comment

Btw, is HLD really necessary? I mean you can go with a week w/o getting a HLD for your team even though they did real well (in fact if they did real well they wouldnt get HLD they would get SV or W) And to think someone gets 1 HLD and you get none and they win an entire category.... Its like giving a SF a seperate category. If You batters did real good and popped only HR and hits then he wouldnt be getting SFs. So in a sense if a team gets no SF because they did well and your opponent gets 1 SF then he wins an entire category.

I see berzerker in the league tho... so he did join.

Comment

Everyone else found it, bez... I didn't think a Libertarian would be asking to be led by the hand by the authority .
                Lol, you should see me take orders from the wife and kids when I get lost on the road.

Comment

Calc, it was default... I haven't changed the scoring catagories... I wanted discussion on it, actually.

I'll take out HLD, definetly.

Comment

cool, sounds good

Comment

Now all I need is a good site for last year's stats and injury reports.

Comment

Oh, btw... just FYI... which type of league do you guys want?

Current:

In a Head-to-Head League, your team will square off in a weekly matchup against another manager's to see who can compile the best stats across a number of different categories.
                        A new weekly matchup begins every Monday and will consist of a set number of games based on your league's statistical categories. Each stat category counts as one game, with the win going to the team that finishes the week with the highest total in that category (the cumulative total after each Sunday's games).

So, if in a given week, your team hits more home runs than your opponent's, you would be credited with a victory. However, if your opponent's team ended the week with more saves than your team, you would be charged with a loss. If the two teams end up tied in a given category, each will receive credit for a tied game.

This weekly win-loss total will be added to a cumulative season record, which will be used to determine standings and playoff seedings. These standings will be based on your team's overall winning percentage, which is calculated by taking your win total and adding 1/2 of your tie total and dividing the sum by the total number of games your team has played.

Head-to-head scoring is available in both Public and Private Leagues. All Public Leagues use the same default settings, while Private League commissioners will be able to specify a number of settings, including roster size and stat categories.

This H-2-H system sucks. It is basically Roto league head to head.

This is Fantasy Point:

In a Fantasy Point League (available only to Private Leagues), points are awarded based on how well your players perform in each of several statistical categories. All real-life statistics have associated point values, and each player's points are summed to produce your daily total.
                        So, if in your league, a home run is worth four points, a stolen base two and a RBI one, a player with two homers, three steals and 10 RBI would score 24 fantasy points [(2 HR * 4 points) + (3 SB * 2 points) + (10 RBI * 1 point) = 24].

Fantasy points, which are only awarded to starting players on your team, are tallied throughout the season. Each team with the highest total at the end of the year wins its league championship.

Fantasy point scoring is only available in Private Leagues, and the commissioner must specify both the categories used and the point modifier values. If the commissioner does not specify a point modifier for a given category, no fantasy points will accrue in that category.

I like Fantasy Point better... what is you guys preference?

But H-2-H has playoffs... damn.. a H-2-H with fantasy point would be much better.

Comment

Ok, if we do H-2-H, I altered the catagories a bit:

Statistical Categories (Batters):
                          Runs Batted In
                          Stolen Bases
                          Total Bases
                          Batting Average
                          On-base + Slugging Percentage

Statistical Categories (Pitchers):
                          Wins
                          Saves
                          Strikeouts
                          Earned Run Average
                          (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched

I took out Homers in favor of Total Bases, because I feel that is a better measure. What are the opinions of the league?

Comment

No points for part time players? The fantasy is better

Comment

Ming will be upset with this . He likes the Head to Head Fantasy Point set up.

Comment

fantasy point game is disastrous. Players like Luis Castillo and Juan Pierre is overshadowed by meager player who can hit 20+ homers instead. (I know this because we played custom fantasy point game last year. Thats why I had Tony Batista over someone like Juan Pierre or Luis Castillo)

Comment

Working...
                                X