No announcement yet.

Apolyton Fantasy Baseball!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LoA, where do you find which picks you get? As for those arriving late, can't a second league start up?

Comment

Bez... I just had to shake my head reading your posts on the last page .

I can only hope you get this lost on draft day .

And yes... I can set the number up to 12... or higher... but I kept it at 10 right now.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Oh, and Berz, I'm sure LoA was kidding about the pick.

To decide who gets what draft order, I'm going to put everyone's name in a hat and pick them out one by one... modern technology, eh?

Oh, and I changed the team limit to 12.

Now, when we fill 12 (or 14 if we wish ), we can set a draft date.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

cant you edit the draft pick order? because if you're not present Yahoo will auto pick for you and it will go by yahoo rank, and I'm sure you can configure it so it follows your rank...

Imran you can set draft order to RANDOM. Yahoo suports it. Or are we NOT doing live pick????
          :-p

Comment

Calc... read the thread .

We are doing a live draft ON POLY! Then I'm submitting the picks we make here to the league (which I can do as Commish). It will make for a much better draft that way, IMO.

Btw, are you the Weasels, Noobies, or Nova Monkeys? (I just want to know who is who in the league).

Comment

I posted under "Hi Hi Hi" that I am calc

Comment

Hehe, this is my first time at Yahoo fantasy baseball and the instructions you left weren't exactly thorough.

Comment

Everyone else followed them easily .

If we get 12, btw, I decided I'll keep it as OF, OF, OF (instead of LF, CF, RF), because it would too unwieldy to have seperate outfield positions.

I also think I'll reduce the number of required pitchers by 1 (and drop the total number of players you are allowed to carry to 20).

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                    Everyone else followed them easily .

If we get 12, btw, I decided I'll keep it as OF, OF, OF (instead of LF, CF, RF), because it would too unwieldy to have seperate outfield positions.

I also think I'll reduce the number of required pitchers by 1 (and drop the total number of players you are allowed to carry to 20).
                    I love the OF,OF,OF idea. Last year me and my friends played as 2 MI, 2CF, 4OF, but I like having seperate base positions.

Drop SP.

Can I have my last year's team? Then I'd be happy.

Posada

Rafael Palmeiro
                    Tony Batista
                    Jeff Kent
                    Chipper Jones

Vlad machine
                    Shawn Green
                    Magglio
                    Sammy Sosa

Lance

We only had 4 people playing, in case you were wondering why my line up was sooooo godly.
                    Last edited by Zero; February 21, 2003, 01:29.

Comment

No, you can't have last years lineup .

And I don't want to drop SP... I want to force people to have at least 3 SP.

Comment

but you have 3 Ps. Theres no way they are all going to be filled up with all RPs.

Comment

True... which is why I'm thinking 4 SP, and 2 RP (which one wild card P) .

But I'm leaning towards 4 SP and 2 RP (no Wild Cards).

Comment

What are sp and rp?

Comment

Nah, I think giving Ps give flexibility in the lineup, even though people will usually fill it up with Starters for most of their part.

If you need saves that week (going up against Rivera-Koch-Smoltz team but weak SP), Ps could be helpful.

Also why not keep player size at 21 and add another utility player? it could add flexibility in batting positions.

Comment

Oh yeah, these were the extent of your instructions:

League ID#: 25223
                                Password: poly

I got to the page with all the listed private leagues and saw where it said to apply so I went thru the list and saw nothing from apolyton. You didn't say anything about what to click to find the league.

Comment

Working...
                                X