Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chirac Says Eastern Europeans Are "Infantile" and should shut up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spiffor
    Pantaloon :
    you got it pretty well. The French-German couple is acting within the EU about as arrogantly as the US in the world. Since Chirac is as subtle as Rumsfeld, he made his annoyance clear towards the candidate countries. He really hated to encounter such an opposition to his views.

Nah; the French and German leadership express what most Europeans think. The crooks led by Blair who signed that document do not represent popular opinion even of their own countries.
    Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

The French-German couple is acting within the EU about as arrogantly as the US in the world.

Hey, Bush never called anybody "infantile" and told them to shut up.

I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

The French-German motivation wasn't to be nice with the populations, but to give a strong symbol of the renewal of the French-German motor (which had been down for years). This renewal was especially important now, since the EU's constitution draft will soon be ready, and the big debate on who leads the future of the EU will take place. France and Germany want to keep their standing, as they have from the beginning inspired everything the EU has done.
        However, former "underdog" countries such as Italy, Spain or Britain don't want to be led by the French-Germans anymore. Poland and likes also wouldn't want to enter the EU immediately stamped as vassals from Paris-Berlin.

Chirac and Schröder expected other countries to fall in line after their declaration of being hostile o war in Iraq. Other countries seemed to hesitate, since the letter has been published only a week ago. But fact is, other countries didn't fall in line, which is bad for Chirac and Schröder, for their willingness to remain the guides of the EU.
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

DanS : you're right, he called his opposition "old" (Europe) and told them to shut up
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
            The French-German motivation wasn't to be nice with the populations,...
            Perhaps not, but at the end of the day, their motive is of no interest. Fact is, they are right in this instance, and their opponents are wrong.
            Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tribune

Nah; the French and German leadership express what most Europeans think. The crooks led by Blair who signed that document do not represent popular opinion even of their own countries.
              That's about right

Comment

We went through this 210 years ago. There has to be some compromise of power between large and small states. Power plays don't go toward solving this fundamental issue. I would have thought that France and Germany would have realized this.
                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

EU unification has nothing to do with the US one.
                  Completely different statuses.

Comment

the point is that EU does need a motor...if we alway waited for Britain, the integration wouln't be nearly as far as it is now. However, Spiffor is right when he says, that the way France and Germany claimed to represent the EU was wrong...even if their opinion is shared by a large majority of Europeans
                    www.civforum.de

Comment

It wasn't wrong.
                      You will understand in a while
                      It was just the first time that the Berlin-Paris Axis openly defied US policy. Every "revolution" bleeds at first

Comment

It seems to me like these smaller European nations will get a bad taste in their mouths for the EU now, but I suppose there is some eocnomic temptation for them.
                        "When you ride alone, you ride with Bin Ladin"-Bill Maher
                        "All capital is dripping with blood."-Karl Marx
                        "Of course, my response to your Marx quote is 'So?'"-Imran Siddiqui

Comment

The 3 (actually 2) out of 10 that sent a letter to the US?
                          Nah hardly. They were US manipulated anyway

Comment

Slagging three incoming members is not smart. In some respects, each of these countries has equal power to France within the EU, even though they are a lot smaller.

Comment

Nah, it's not slagging the 2 members
                              The Chez PM went the next day on TV and said he was representing only himself

Comment

Oh you edited. As for smart or equal power, wrong on both regards.

Comment

Working...
                                X