Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlowwHand

Texan/Canadian?
    I know you're ignorant; I just don't know in what/how many way(s).
    Your confused by the statement, and then you call me ignorant

Figure it out yourself
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

I don't get it.

Don't the pacifists realize that Iraq has denied the U.N. like 17 times? What are we supposed to do about it? Just keep giving them new resolutions that they can break. Keep calling him a bad boy?

The U.N. is worthless without enforcement.

What I'm really pissed about is these pacifists aren't very pacifist. They punched an unarmed horse hurting it. They also dragged the horse to the ground. The thing that gets me is many of these pacifists are also PETA guys. WTF!! Makes me wonder that PETA doesn't really care about animals, and their organization is a bunch of bull****.

Comment

Dissident, can't you see that we should give Sadam another very very last change?

I'm positive that he'll listen this time!
        After all he's a reasonable man!
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

good point. We'll give him one more chance to accept the U.N. resolutions.

Comment

And if he fails we'll give him another resolution to obey!

If the man doesn't obey the resolution, make the resolution obey the man.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy

Don't mix up the French with the rest of Europe.
              (somebody should tell this to the french as well btw)
              Well since most other countries have no backbone and keep following the USA (throw and keep them out the EU I'd say, especially those candidate countries), I hav no problem at all with a further European unification led by France and Germany.
              Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
              Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Yeah, but what if France is wrong? Why should we keep following France? After all, Chirac just called the candidates infantales or what ever, and that IS insult to members too, it was indirectly aimed to them too.
                That is close to blackmailing 'change your views, or you're not aloud to enter our union'.. that's complete BS. He can't talk for the rest of the EU. He's nothing but an old man who forgot his real position in this world and also not to pee in his pants when he sleeps.
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Besides, France is acting like the center of the Europe, making axis with Germany. They act like they are the Europe, and the rest are just part of Europe. Germany has not maybe acted so big though, but France has. THere's no denying it, and I'm sorry, but we are not in Europe to please them. We are all different countries, and we will NEVER recognize foreign power coming outside of our countries. We will NEVER submit to that kind of blackmailing of aggressive attitudes. We will not take foreign values and praise them as superioir, and you can take that to the bank. This only makes them look stupid in our minds. That kind of talk will only contribute to coalition lead by the US, and not the other way around.

What Chirac should do, is to be more nice to people. He should explain his views etc, and not fire up like that. What does it tell you? That he can not control himself, and that his emotions get in the way, and he really do not appreciate eastern europeans equal to him, but lesser folks. He thinks France is the rightfull leader of the Europe, and the heart of it, and everyone should just shut up and do things their way. They tell they won't do things the US way because they don't take orders. What does Chirac think when he think he can do the same thing to others then? He's the kind of man who could actually brake a bone if he farts.

Besides, why should we get behind France, as they have showed their ability to treat friends like kaka? That's right, Chirac can surrender and go away.
                  Last edited by Pekka; February 18, 2003, 06:55.
                  In da butt.
                  "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Well since most other countries have no backbone and keep following the USA (throw and keep them out the EU I'd say, especially those candidate countries), I hav no problem at all with a further European unification led by France and Germany.

Conclusion:
                    If you are pro-war (simply stated) you're following the USA
                    If you're anti-war you have an opinion on your own.

this is pathatic.
                    In fact you say "People who are free to their own opinion should have our opinion"

this is seriously laughable.

Comment

CyberShy, yeah.. Chirac is telling 'don't take orders from the US, take orders from me!'.
                      This only shows how 'flexible' EU is. If someone is not agreing with the big ones, they start bullying you.
                      In da butt.

Comment

I mean look at Tony Blair. He's nice to everyone. His views are challenged all the time and he really has to defend his position on this Iraq thing. But he doesn't go calling people names.. He is trying to get people understand his view better, and is not just going 'Well I'm going to veto no matter what happens'.
                        And even more, he is keeping the alliance going on strong, even when the people are starting to be against the action. He is in tough spot now, and he keeps smiling and explaining in civilized manner. That's the way leaders should do talking, not trashing everyone when they don't like someones views. Even Bush is being more reasonable. He is using strong rhetorics yes, but still he is NOT calling people names and really trashing them. He is also trying to exlpain his views. Rumsfeld was tough, maybe too tough on his words, but can we ever talk about it in the same day, comparing what Chirac said? I don't think so.
                        In da butt.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I don't like Chirac or the way the French are tackling this but what is going on is traditional european politics.

Basically the French make all the noise and try to get their own way whilst someone else does the real work and brings about a result in the background. The comments about the new countries joining the EU is most likely meant as a slap down after the near row about how much EU aid they would be eligible for when they joined. It is more about the French feeling important that of real substance.
                          Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Re: Sauce for the gander

Originally posted by Straybow
                            Drogue is just trying to force his morals onto others. I don't see why Drogue's morals are better than anyone elses, it's just he has the blather to spew it here…
                            My morals aren't better than anyone elses, and I'm not trying to force them onto others. I'm simply staing my case. I'm not using force to make people agree with what I say. Can someone tell me why I'm wrong? What other reason is Bush wanting to attack for? WHat is his motivation? Is he not guided by his morals? What makes America so different, that other countries abide by the UN and America doesn't?
                            Smile
                            For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                            But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Had there a been the option that Sadam is a Banana and Bush should eat him, I would of taken the banana option as I usually do. Instead... I took the lets kick Sadam's Madas.... hehe

Blah, blah, on morals... Morals are like opinions, which are like bungholes... everyone has one, everyone's stink.

Stick to your own morals, if they are strong enough, no one can force theirs on you... What a sensles notion; forcing morals on someone... that can't happen!
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

Well put, CyberShy.

Drogue, the US isn't using force on any of the Euroweenies. Bush wants to attack Iraq because Saddam is a rabid dog who needs to be put down. He got his tail kicked, signed a treaty to stay in power, and has obstructed and defied the treaty ever since. Time to pay the piper.
                                (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                                (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                                (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working...
                                X