Has Belgium gone mad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Damn unilateral Europeans ignoring international law!"

Au contraire. The court has upheld functional immunity as identified by the ICJ and asserted jurisdiction in line with international law.

Had Israel prosecuted Sharon or at least done a serious criminal investigation, it would be ne bis in idem and case closed.

Btw, what's with the Netanyahu quote in the article: ""This decision is a scandal and it legitimises terror and helps those who fight terrorism"

Misquote or slip of the tongue?
    “Now we declare… that the law-making power or the first and real effective source of law is the people or the body of citizens or the prevailing part of the people according to its election or its will expressed in general convention by vote, commanding or deciding that something be done or omitted in regard to human civil acts under penalty or temporal punishment….” (Marsilius of Padua, „Defensor Pacis“, AD 1324)

Comment

Ozz, no, I owned j00r 4zz and you know it
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Sharon slaughtering people for the last 20 years
        Belgium not liking that

Very funny
        I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
          Ozz, no, I owned j00r 4zz and you know it
          Oh Carp, An "Elite" That just confirms you know
          nothing about computers.

Lets not ruin a perfectly good thread with this asnine
          nonsense, start a new thread "Jump on Ozz" or something, bad enough I got paticakes threadstalking
          me again, now it seems I'm attracting a mob of morons.

Damn it tough being so... popular.

Comment

Listen Ozz, if you want to be old school with your clocks that are right twice everyday, go ahead. If you want to brag about your computer knowledge, go ahead. But we all know I got you, and you're just denying it like a little kid. That's cool though.. I won't keep ruining your thread anymore .
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Listen Ozz, if you want to be old school with your clocks that are right twice everyday, go ahead. If you want to brag about your computer knowledge, go ahead. But we all know I got you, and you're just denying it like a little kid. That's cool though.. I won't keep ruining your thread anymore .
              As you chickened out of starting a thread, I started one.

Oh It's not my thread, Einstein

Comment

You started one.. where? I didn't start one, because it would be a complete waste of time. You are like the guy who got beaten and when the winner walked out, the loser yelled 'come back, round 2!' when he knew he'd be safe.. just to save some of his dignity..
                And the reason I don't want to stalk this thread anymore is because I don't want to get banned. I win, you lose, get over it
                In da butt.

Comment

It's gone. It was
                  "Is a stopped clock right twice a day"

There were 3 or 4 posts in it.

You get scared and call the cops?

Comment

Originally posted by HershOstropoler

Had Israel prosecuted Sharon or at least done a serious criminal investigation, it would be ne bis in idem and case closed.
                    So what you're saying is that these complaintants cant take action in Israel? If they have a real case against Sharon (and I'm not saying they do or dont) thats the place to try it not in Belgium.

Btw, what's with the Netanyahu quote in the article: ""This decision is a scandal and it legitimises terror and helps those who fight terrorism"

Misquote or slip of the tongue?
                    No misquote or slip. Translation= Sharon was acting against terrorists. If you attack his actions against terrorists you are supporting terrorists.
                    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Children, if you want to throw mud at each other please do so outside.
                      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

DL OZZ OWNED again

/me does the DL dance

Comment

because I don't want to get banned.
                          No, you don't want to lose your postcount DL
                          Oh I PMed a mod over the missing thread
                          Should prove interesting.

See you in
                          "Is a stopped clock right twice a day"

eventually

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22
                            DL OZZ OWNED again
                            Oh Cowchips, why don't you show up too.

Under your real Login.

Comment

Jerusalem, 12 February 2003

FM Netanyahu Decision of the Supreme Court of Belgium
                              (Communicated by the Foreign Minister's Bureau)

Following today's (Feb 12) ruling of the Supreme Court of Belgium,
                              Foreign Minister Benjamin Netanyahu announced that he has decided to
                              recall the Ambassador of Israel in Brussels, Mr. Yehudi Kenar, to
                              Israel for consultations. In addition, Foreign Minister Netanyahu
                              will summon the Ambassador of Belgium to the Foreign Ministry for
                              urgent discussions tomorrow (Feb 13).

Mr. Netanyahu stated that the decision of the Belgian Court is
                              scandalous, and that it legitimates terror and harms those who fight
                              terrorism. "It is all topsy-turvy - those that fight terrorism have
                              become the accused and the terrorists have become victors."

The Foreign Minister added that Belgium is not only hurting Israel
                              but the entire free world, and that Israel will have a very stern
                              response.

**Israel Recalls Ambassador to Belgium after Sharon Verdicts

Minister of Foreign Affairs Benjamin Netanyahu recalled Israel's ambassador to Belgium, Yehudi Kinar on Wednesday after the Belgian Supreme Court ruled that Prime Minister Ariel Sharon and Defense Ministry Director-General Amos Yaron (commander of the Israel Defense Forces in Beirut in 1982) could be prosecuted for their alleged involvement in the Sabra and Chatila massacres in 1982 in Beirut, HA'ARETZ reported. The court ruled that Sharon could only be tried after he ceases to be prime minister, and no longer has diplomatic immunity. Netanyahu said the Belgian court had made "a scandalous decision, which legitimizes terror and harms those who fight it."
                              "This turns the tables - when those who fight terror turn into the accused and the terrorists are victorious. Belgium is helping to harm not only Israel, but also the entire free world, and Israel will respond with severity to this," Netanyahu added.
                              In addition to recalling the ambassador, Netanyahu urgently summoned Belgium's ambassador to Israel for a meeting today at which Netanyahu will deliver an Israeli reaction to the court decision. It was not yet known how long Kinar would be kept at home. Government sources expressed concern regarding the possibility of future prosecutions against Israelis in Belgium, but they also noted that Palestinian Authority Chairman Yasser Arafat was also in line for prosecution in Belgium, in the wake of complaints filed against him by Israeli terror victims.
                              Meanwhile, the Belgian Government has recently been fashioning a new legislation that would severely limit the ability of its legal system to prosecute suspected international war criminals with no connection to Belgium.

Jerusalem, 13 February 2003

PRESIDENT MOSHE KATSAV SENDS LETTER TO KING OF BELGIUM
                              (Communicated by President's Spokesman)

The President of the State of Israel, Moshe Katsav today (Thursday)
                              February 13, 2003, sent a severe letter to the King of Belgium, in
                              which he expressed his chagrin at Belgium's High Court's decision to
                              try Israelis in their courts.

President Katsav totally rejects Belgium's moral right to bring
                              Israeli leaders and IDF officers to trial.

The president emphasized that Israeli leaders and IDF officers
                              operate according to international norms, the Israeli law, their
                              conscience and basic human morality, and that no-one has the right to
                              doubt the ethical standards Israel holds itself to, and that those
                              who accuse us would do well to reflect on their past actions.

hi ,

in the hallways of the belgian justice palace yesterday some people skoke on going and getting Arik ones he is no longer PM of Israel , ..... well they can try , .... we shall be waiting , .....

oh yeah ; the want to prosecute any Jew who did his army service in Israel and was involved in the war in Libanon , ......

like our president wrote at the end of his letter , ........

have a nice day , no nice day for belgians who are against Jews , kopts , orthodox catholics and Israeli's !
                              - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                              - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                              WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
                                No misquote or slip. Translation= Sharon was acting against terrorists. If you attack his actions against terrorists you are supporting terrorists.
                                I think he was referring to the second part of the quote.

helps those who fight terrorism
                                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Killing it is the new killing it
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                                X