No announcement yet.

USA vs the World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meaning all the world needs to do is hold on to Alaska and Texas and the US would be in a crushing defeat.
    Go ahead and explain how this is possible.
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
    Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

And how would they do either of those things?
      "When you ride alone, you ride with Bin Ladin"-Bill Maher
      "All capital is dripping with blood."-Karl Marx
      "Of course, my response to your Marx quote is 'So?'"-Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Meaning all the world needs to do is hold on to Alaska and Texas and the US would be in a crushing defeat.
        And canada, and mexico, and parts of central america, as they would fall to the US shortly after the outset of the war.
        "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
        - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
        Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

And canada, and mexico, and parts of central america, as they would fall to the US shortly after the outset of the war.
          Well, I seriously doubt the US would actually occupy any of these territories, other than parts of Canada (such as the breadbasket, oil producing areas, and possibly manufacturing areas). The US would definitely want to avoid overstretch, and occupying these territories would provide no significant advantage, but rather, a disadvantage of having to hold down a conquered and hostile population. More trouble than it's worth, except possibly in the case of the Panama Canal and the surrounding area.
          Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
          Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Velociryx
            Have it....almost impossible to conquer the USA though....you make big early strides, but invariably get slaughtered.

-=Vel=-
            It neglects the fact that the US will run out of oil quickly without external supplies.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Kramerman
              Uh, where do you think the World will mass their troops, genius?
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

I think he is assuming the world was not able to mobilize its troops before the war

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

It neglects the fact that the US will run out of oil quickly without external supplies.
                  I think we've discussed that already. The US has many nuclear ships and we could secure a lot of oil in the Western Hem.

Comment

Originally posted by DuncanK
                    I think we've discussed that already. The US has many nuclear ships and we could secure a lot of oil in the Western Hem.
                    The killer is though there are no nuclear aircrafts and tanks/APCs. Ships without air cover are just targets.

As for oil in the Western Hemisphere, it highly depends. I would imagine a tension period where both sides will build up troops - along Canada-US and Mexico-US borders.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangerolf
                      the US is capable of shooting down ICBMs, no?
                      Not really. But anyway, Russia has much better defense systems(compared to US) nowdays, thanks to American taxpayers.

Comment

The killer is though there are no nuclear aircrafts and tanks/APCs. Ships without air cover are just targets.

As for oil in the Western Hemisphere, it highly depends. I would imagine a tension period where both sides will build up troops - along Canada-US and Mexico-US borders.
                        I don't imagine the US allowing the build up, but I suppose if they did the advantage would be to the world.

Comment

How would they have a choice in the matter? Unless the US declares war outright, but they themselves face the same problem, albeit to a lesser degree.

Comment

I think they would go ahead and declare war if tensions were high and the world started mobilizing troops. Look at the Cuban missile crisis.

Comment

Uh, where do you think the World will mass their troops, genius?
                              I would like to see the world mobilize for war and mass troops on the borders of the US with in a month...

As Floyd has addressed earlier, you would have to get your troops to the New World first

Well, I seriously doubt the US would actually occupy any of these territories, other than parts of Canada (such as the breadbasket, oil producing areas, and possibly manufacturing areas). The US would definitely want to avoid overstretch, and occupying these territories would provide no significant advantage, but rather, a disadvantage of having to hold down a conquered and hostile population. More trouble than it's worth, except possibly in the case of the Panama Canal and the surrounding area.
                              If the US is fighting for its survival, I doubt it woud have much of a problem "dealing" with a hostile population, something we the US could/would never do before because of political/moral reasons, which would all fly out the window at this point. We would kill and burn everything that threatened us.

Mexico and Canada are also strategic for their vast resources, especially oil. With their reserves we could probably maintain a full scale war for a hell of a long time before going dry. That would make it imperative that we hold this ground. And the Panama canal would be very helpful as well, for obvious reasons.

Kman
                              "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
                              - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
                              Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

I would like to see the world mobilize for war and mass troops on the borders of the US with in a month...

As Floyd has addressed earlier, you would have to get your troops to the New World first
                                How could the US stop this unless they attack the transports? If they attack it would be a open war.

If the US is fighting for its survival, I doubt it woud have much of a problem "dealing" with a hostile population, something we the US could/would never do before because of political/moral reasons, which would all fly out the window at this point. We would kill and burn everything that threatened us.
                                The United States is not the same as its people, don't forget that. If you commit atrocities against others, others will do the same to you. Don't forget that, either.

Mexico and Canada are also strategic for their vast resources, especially oil. With their reserves we could probably maintain a full scale war for a hell of a long time before going dry. That would make it imperative that we hold this ground. And the Panama canal would be very helpful as well, for obvious reasons.
                                You forgot some minor details - how would you get to those oil wells?

Besides oil, the US simply does not have the industrial capacity of the World, this is particularly true after all production plants of US companies in foreign countries have been annexed.

Comment

Working...
                                X