Chicago - another bad film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago - another bad film

My wife and I saw Chicago over the weekend. This is another bad film. It is a musical with great dance numbers - some of the best I have ever seen. But the singing is just plain bad.

But, the worst part of the movie is that there is not one single good person in the movie (except for the cuckolded husband). Every character is an self-centered, lying, cheating and backstabbing villain. Villiany is glorified in this movie. Good does not triumph in the end.

So, as the movie credits roll, one simply has to wonder what this world is coming to where evil is rewarded and the good guys get crushed.

This film should be boycotted.
    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

As I was watching the first preview, my radar immediately picked up this crap as I announced a stern, "STUPID!". Of course the other people in the theater simply fell silent as I heard whispers of, "Gee, what an a55hole."
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

is there any nudity?

Comment

edit: delayed DP

It told me the message didn't get through. I guess it did.

Comment

"But, the worst part of the movie is that there is not one single good person in the movie (except for the cuckolded husband). Every character is an self-centered, lying, cheating and backstabbing villain. Villiany is glorified in this movie. Good does not triumph in the end."
          Some people will take this movie to seriously and hold this view. Others, more grounded in reality, will find the composition of characters interesting, rather than objectionable.
          It's a brilliant movie.
          "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
          Drake Tungsten
          "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
          Albert Speer

Comment

L.A. Confidential was another movie like this, where there are no likable characters. So what's wrong with that?

While you don't get to see them uncovered, you still get to be impressed by Queen Latifa's monumental bossum.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Che, Midnight Cowboy was a film about two run-down characters. However, in the end, they did help each other out.

In Chicago, the backstabbing and betrayal continue until the very end.

Did Shakespeare ever write anything like this?
              http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Hamlet, MacBeth
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                  L.A. Confidential was another movie like this, where there are no likable characters. So what's wrong with that?
                  The characters were much more likeable than in the book. Even Dudley Smith got killed in the movie.
                  "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

Othello, King Lear
                    "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

OK, I stand corrected. Chicago is a great film in the tradition of Shakespeare's glorification of villiany.

I highly recommed the film for up and coming starlets, prison guards and lawyers who need a lesson in the avoidance of ethics.

Comment

The best they can do is Queen Latifa? WEAK!
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
                          OK, I stand corrected.
                          Dude! It's a matter of taste. Your opinion is just as valid as everyone else's. No one is requiring you to like the movie. Dark beer isn't for everyone either. Some folks just like their art or their beer a little more bitter than others.

Cool?

Comment

No, the movie still sucks
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Come on, Ned. Chicago isn't supposed to be serious social commentary--it's all tongue-and-cheek. It's camp! That's why it's a musical.
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                              X