Mumia Abu-Jamal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Winston
    That's a bit like saying if there were no banks, there'd be no bank robberies.
    Except that relating banks to state-sanctioned homicide is a pretty bad comparison. It is one of many valid reasons why I oppose the death penalty, which is the celebrity-like status it often gives to the criminal. Locking up the bastard forever would have caused far less of a stir. I doubt anyone outside of Philly would ever have heard of him if that were the case.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

It might be a pretty bad comparison, but the logic you're using is the same as in the bank analogy. At least the way I see it.

Besides, some convicted criminals not under the sentence of death have become celebrities regardless.

But of course, that wouldn't have happened if they hadn't been convicted.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
        It is time for Mumia to be executed.
        Killing is too good for him. I prefer that he suffer decades longer.
        Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
        Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
        "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
        From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Most of you guys here are fascists. Another man has confessed to the crime and you wont even give the accussed another trial. That's sick.
          "When you ride alone, you ride with Bin Ladin"-Bill Maher
          "All capital is dripping with blood."-Karl Marx
          "Of course, my response to your Marx quote is 'So?'"-Imran Siddiqui

Comment

DuncanK, I refer you to JonMillers post about how he killed JFK.
            Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
            Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
            Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Saras,

Ok, well I'm convinced then, not!

Most of you people just have no idea of how a black man can be made out to be guilty of a crime when he's innocent.

I looked at the website that you guys put up here. I looked at the 'facts' of the case. The first 'fact' was that mumia was a political activist. While this does jack **** to show any guilt at all I'm not suprised that they put this crap up.

The second 'fact' of Mumias guilt is eyewitness account. When you are in the public eye like Mumia was and you say things that will piss people off people are bound to say they saw you do everything regardless of whether they saw you or not.

One thing that I've noticed about this case is that if you think Mumia is guilty, then there is not a doubt in your mind that he is guilty. You think the system works for everyone, and all that crap.
              Most of the reasonable people know that the system doesn't work for **** for a person like Mumia. We don't say that he is definitely innocent. We just say that the system doesn't work for **** for him because so many people hate him, and the system depends on these people. Therefore we want to see more than eyewitness account. And if there is eyewitness account of his innocence we want a new trial.

Comment

I knew a snevelling leftist would show up to spout his revisionist nonsense sooner or latter. Thanks for not disappointing Duncan.

BTW It is not that we think the system works perfectly for everyone it is that we, unlike you, do not think it is broken with everyone. The courts have reviewed your supposed new evidience on numerous occasions and, after all the appeals and finger pointing, they have determined it all to be nonsense.

It is time for Mumia to pay the price for murdering Officer Faulkner. He's spent two decades trying to prevent justice being done. He's had his day in court so many times over the last twenty years that it is a joke. Now it is time for the sentence to be carried out.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by DuncanK
                  Most of you guys here are fascists. Another man has confessed to the crime and you wont even give the accussed another trial. That's sick.
                  Too stupid to live. I will bet he has not even looked at any original source court docments, just web site BS.
                  Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                  Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                  "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                  From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola

Too stupid to live. I will bet he has not even looked at any original source court docments, just web site BS.
                    You truly scare me.

Comment

BTW It is not that we think the system works perfectly for everyone it is that we

It is time for Mumia to pay the price for murdering Officer Faulkner
                      If you know the system doesn't work how can you support the death penalty?

Comment

DuncanK, I am a leftist and opposed to the DP, but Mumia has been proven guilty, IMO. Have you any specifics of the case to refute? You say the system doesn't work in a general way, which I would agree with, but in this instance I see not a shred of evidence that it didn't work. The hitman who "confessed" to the crime, if you read the account, contradicts everyone else who was there, even Jamal's own witnesses from the original trial. His story doesn't hold water, which is why Jamal's lawyers didn't want to bring him forward.

And why do you trust a guy who blatanly lied about receiving a Peabody Award and being a journalist?
                        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I believe the system is almost, but not quite, perfect. In short it is as near to perfect as we humans can make it. The facts of this case are very clear; the jury, numerous appeals court judges, countless judicial reviews have all looked at the facts and EVERY single last one of them have all come to the same conclusion.

He did the crime now he needs to pay the price. No more stalling, no more lies, no more delay tactics.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola

Too stupid to live.
                            What some of you don't understand is the possiblity that a person like Lefty here could be involved in establishing the guilt of Mumia. And that is why the system doesn't work.

Comment

If I found a cop beating Theben and I had a gun on me, you better believe I'd threaten to shoot him. If he shot me, I'd start shooting back.

It's not really a matter of whether or not Jamal is guilty in my mind (especially since he fired the best lawyers he had) but whether or not it was justifiable homocide.

Additionally there is strong evidence of police threatening witnesses, judical bias, etc. All of this the lawyers have tried to present, but since the original judge who heard the case presided over the hearings, nothing ever got in, even when witnesses changed their testimony.

Did he do it? Probably. Was he justified? Up to a point (the evidence indicates Faulkner was killed while lying on the ground, after the initial exchange fo fire). Did he get a fair trial? No.

Just give the man a fair trial and be done with it.
                              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I believe the system is almost, but not quite, perfect.
                                You must have some other system, cuz the one we have in America is practically broken, with the vast numbers of wrongly convicted being released every year.
                                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                                X