Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of grades did you get in school?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3.4 out of four. As and Bs. Grades were never as important to me as learning and living. No grade inflation here!
    Now I'm at a college which does not have grade inflation. Just got back my first report card, which gave me two Bs and two Cs which apparently translated into? a 2.5 GPA I think. Meh, I'm hoping to get sme As this semester in creative writing, history, etc.
    "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
    Drake Tungsten
    "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
    Albert Speer

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue

You can still do A-Levels. But it's usually split into an AS (Advanced Subsidiary) and an A2 level, each one year courses, that translate into one A level. It is entirly modular (3 per AS/A2, 6 per A-Level) and coursework is not compulsory in some subjects IIRC... this caused much problems with Public schools that don't usually do it, hence some of the exam results fiasco.
      They started bringing that in when I was in the sixth form. Which is why I have 3 A levels, 2 A/S levels and 1 S Level. Confusing trying to explain the difference.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

GCSE 5A, 2B, 2C...A-Level, 3A, 1B...
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I hit for the cycle.

(shows you what grades are worth)
          Be the bid!

Comment

In high school I got a dismal 1.75 GPA (out of 4) despite my 31 ACT score (out of 36). The fact that I ditched about 100 days my senior year didn't help either. High school is a joke and a waste. In 2 years at College of DuPage, I got a 3.13 and after a stint at DePaul, I'm going to the Illinois Institute of Art majoring in Game Art and Design.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

At Rutgers I had a 3.6 (B+).

Though at Emory Law School I have a B- (which interestingly is 2.8).

I wonder why schools can't have the same range for grades. At Rutgers, a B+ was 3.5, while at Emory it is 3.3. This makes a B- mean a 2.7.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I currently have a 4.20 GPA with AP classes, and 3.95 without (if it wasn't for that damn 11th grade English, I'd have a perfect 4.0 w/o AP classes). It is incredibly easy to get A's at my school. My highest grade ever was 150% in 7th grade Geography.

Comment

Times change. I recall being amazed at how easy cooledge math and science courses were compared to my high school. My high school chemistry was rigorous enogh to make various advanced placment tests look easy, and get perfect scores on them.
                  Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                  Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                  "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                  From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

GCSE: 4A*, 6A, B (as if Latin counts )
                    A/S: AAABB
                    ALevel: dunno yet. I need AAA (maths, more maths, chem) for Cambridge, I'll probably get another A in general studies, an A or B in Biology and another A/S level (probbly A) this term.
                    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I failed a class once. that is what happens when you don't show up.

Comment

I must be much smarter than all Americans.
                        I got 376!
                        "I'm so happy I could go and drive a car crash!"
                        "What do you mean do I rape strippers too? Is that an insult?"
                        - Pekka

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
                          I'll probably get another A in general studies,
                          Nothing wrong with doing it, but does anywhere actually consider general studies a 'real' A level? I know a couple of universities disallow it in applications, and many employers just ignore it.
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

If honors/ap count extra, 4.30. :dork:
                            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

i had a 3.0-3.3 ish.. i guess Im just so god darn typical normal kid :T
                              :-p

Comment

I had a 3.67 for most of the time
                                "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                                You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Working...
                                X