Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of grades did you get in school?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My grades in some ways, reflected my self-esteem.

In high school, I was at a low 2.4.

In community college, I earned a 2.8.

Now at the university, I have earned a 3.3.

I guess it reflects my healthier self-esteem. I had no really good days in high school in terms of social life.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

9 A*s, 1 B at GCSE. 6 As at AS Level.
      "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

High School was easy: 3.89 GPA, my HS didn't adjust for AP, I had 7, mustly with As

College was tougher: somewhere in the 2.5 GPA area. Maybe I drank to much or took too hard of classes or was at a really hard school. Anyway, none of the jobs I have applied for and gotten have asked me about my GPA, and I have worked for two very good companies now, both in very good jobs.

Which goes to show... GPA don't mean sqwat if you know how to get what you want, and are willing to go and get it.
        Monkey!!!

Comment

Almost Identical to Clear Skies 6A*s, 4As, 2Bs and a D (my whole coursework got stolen, and I had jack to hand in... all on final exam) at GCSE and 6 As and AS Level.

CS: Do you go to a private school? My school wouldn't let me take 6, so it's all a little below board
          Smile
          For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
          But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

102% was my best course grade, in Grade 11 Biology. I got a perfect score on the exam.
            woot woot woot? how can you have more than 100%? I mean I always thought 100% was the maximum possible result (as 100% means you have filled in everything correctly)

Also, what about tests during the schoolyear? don't they count then?
            And, do you have 1 exam period or 2 exam periods/year (or 3...)

All I can say to that 102% is: congratulations, not even the brightest kids in my school managed to get a fully correct exam on biology (or maths, or any other subject for that matter )
            "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
            "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Private? No. Selective grammar, yes.
              "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

I can't say I had straight A's.

In fact I don't think I ever got an A on English .

I was one of those geeks good at math and science, but not good at English and foreign language .

I did well in history, goverment, and other social study classes as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue
                  6 As at AS Level.

CS: Do you go to a private school? My school wouldn't let me take 6, so it's all a little below board
                  Have they got rid of straight A-levels? Or just changed the structure to an entirely modular one?
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Clear Skies
                    Private? No. Selective grammar, yes.
                    A dying breed. I went to one too.
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Baccalaureate style (a lot of subjects with a select number in depth) - final average 81%, which was supposedly equivalent to AAAB in UK A level terms.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Crunch
                        Have they got rid of straight A-levels? Or just changed the structure to an entirely modular one?
                        You can still do A-Levels. But it's usually split into an AS (Advanced Subsidiary) and an A2 level, each one year courses, that translate into one A level. It is entirly modular (3 per AS/A2, 6 per A-Level) and coursework is not compulsory in some subjects IIRC... this caused much problems with Public schools that don't usually do it, hence some of the exam results fiasco.
                        Smile
                        For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                        But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

I've never ended up with a C in any of my classes. I managed a 3.89 through high school with 4.0s a few semesters. So far in college I've got a 3.83 through 3 semesters.

Comment

Quite good actually.
                            I was a geek with biology.
                            I used to compete for decimal points with a couple of others.
                            Grading system was 0 to 10 and at tests I would get 9.7 and the other guy would get 9.5 etc
                            Biology was FUN

Comment

and the teacher was hot.

Comment

Before I did my overseas studies in Ecuador, my GPA would have been 3.9 without my transferred credits from community college.

Then after Ecuador, my GPA would now be 3.6 probably.

I guess I thought it was more important to get done in three years instead of four years. I get mostly A's but because of my decision to transfer credits, my GPA is 3.3 instead of 3.6.
                                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                                X