Are you Ready for some Commercials - Super Bowl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rah
    Does anybody have any comments about the Gilligan Island spoof. For me it was a worth a "oh that's kind of cute" the first time, but I was already sick of it the second time.
    Was that the one for the cellphone. If so, it sucked!
    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

QUOTE:

What a waste of money

Ming, I'm surprised at you. The man who can spot a troll and a spam post before it's even sent couldn't see it was a bud commerical?

Nothing personal Ming, but I fear you the least from now on.
      I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

The only commercials I thought were particularly funny were the Fed Ex Castaway spoof and Terry Tate-Office Linebacker. A bad year for Super Bowl commercials...
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

So what was a 'good year' for SB commericals? Did you have to walk 20 miles in the snow to get to that party .
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Whichever year had that 'herding cats' commercial.
            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber
              I really liked the Practice commecial with the Miller Lite ripoff
              I missed this one. What happened in it?
              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

It got mentioned that the Practice was moving to a new time and new night and the two guys started yelling at each other-- I think it was "New Night" and "New time" but it was obviously a ripoff of "Tastes Great" and " Less Filling"-- The fight escalated until they were thrashing thrashing about in the water ripping off each others shirts

It cut to some of the Practtice cast who made some comments about liking having men fight over them--

It was nothing startling or revolutionary but it made me chuckle-- I believe it was shown during the pre-game
                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

terry tate office lineback

"kill the joe, make some mo!"
                  "here comes the pain baby, the pain train is coming!"
                  "break was over 15 minutes ago, *****!"
                  "you cant come in my house, kick my dog, and take a box of ballpoints. thats ****ing crazy"
                  Last edited by MRT144; January 27, 2003, 19:06.
                  "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                  'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Yeah, Office Linebacker was pretty funny, but a bit overly violent. Lots of potential there.

Gilligan's riff was a pathetic cry for attention -- "Help me! I have no creativity of my own!"

The heyday of SB commercials was when Bud Bowl worked to keep our attention, telling a story across the entire arc of the game (which today would cost you $20MM plus). Production values were excellent, the writing was creative and witty, and no one felt guilty for liking it (unlike today's Bud Lite spots). They tied it in with promos and contests at retail, and really put some effort into making their own "event" out it. Other advertisers stepped up their games just so as not to get lost in the shuffle.

Now we get one-off ideas (mostly lame) and summer movie promos.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

So what was a 'good year' for SB commericals?

The heyday of SB commercials was when Bud Bowl worked to keep our attention, telling a story across the entire arc of the game (which today would cost you $20MM plus). Production values were excellent, the writing was creative and witty, and no one felt guilty for liking it (unlike today's Bud Lite spots). They tied it in with promos and contests at retail, and really put some effort into making their own "event" out it. Other advertisers stepped up their games just so as not to get lost in the shuffle.

Jrabbit speaks the truth...
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Psh... the Matrix trailer made the set of commercials for me.

Comment

Working...
                        X