Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Estimated casualties of a war on Iraq: 1 million people!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Estimated casualties of a war on Iraq: 1 million people!

Just for oil...

Since there seems to be no way to stop it, I at least hope that the US/UK will do it without a UN mandate.

I'm amazed at the UK I have to say.
    Most Brits don't want to, yet they let their government do as it pleases. It is confusing.

And from the Brits here, it is clear that they do not share the American "mind". Yet their government acts like it is a willfull errant boy of the US.

Why?

Let us at least hope that there will be no UN mandate.

Interests aside, 1 million of people will die from US/UK bombs and whatever "interests" speak against a war, I hope they will be heard and prevail, even though I do not see it happening

At least war on Iraq WITHOUT a UN mandate

I Hope France and Germany will hold strong and continue to make Europe proud.

I agree with you paiktis22 completely.

Comment

And this leftist government (of my country) is even thinking about sending troops to Iraq!

Comment

it isto stop more deaths by Saddam

Jon Miller
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Stop 1000000 deaths by Saddam? I doubt it.
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Jon Miller, Saddam didn't killed this much. He is no Stalin, no Hitler and no Pol Pot. He is a dictator, but he is not the cruel one.

Comment

but all those iraqis have died since gulf war 1

and all those whod ied in the iran war

and all those who died in the gulf war 1

those are all asking for saddam to be removed

Jon Miller
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic
                Jon Miller, Saddam didn't killed this much. He is no Stalin, no Hitler and no Pol Pot. He is a dictator, but he is not the cruel one.
                He's killed nearly 1 million in the Iraq-Iran war, and killed hundreds of thousands in his own country in the 80s and 90s (and continues to do so by paying for his military at the expense of his people.)

I find the statement "he is not the cruel one" most amusing.

I'm very skeptical of a 1 million casualty figure for Gulf War 2 - unless Saddam starts using WMDs.
                "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

"Kill one man and you are a murderer. Kill a million and you are a statesman."

I can't remember who said that.

Comment

It could be the first big genocide of the 21st Century.

Comment

Edan, do you know how many people democracies killed? How many people killed Israel (Palestinians), how many Russia (Chechens), how many USA itself (Amerindians)? Many dictatorships, considered "good" by USA also killed many more people than Saddam. You see, to say that dictator was "cruel" he has to be killed really many people. And wars doesn't counts here. If they would, then probably USA would be the biggest "killer" in XX century (WW1, WW2, Korean war, Vietnam war, Gulf war, bombings of Yugoslavia, Afghanistan, Libya, Iraq, etc.).

Comment

ha ha ha ha ha

Jon Miller
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

I think that the USA's body count for the 20th Century is much lower than some other countries, Sonic, only single figure millions.

Comment

Whos estimation of 1 million is this? Don't take this figure at face value.
                            "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

29% of Americans say they'd support an invasion even without a U.N. resolution. The numbers in Britain are similarly anemic.

For Bush to attack with so little popular support, he'd have to be totally brainless and have balls the size of Jupiter. It ain't gonna happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X