X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by walruskkkch
    Can you give me a thousand dollars?
    Uhhhh... no

Just about 2 and half hours left till kick off. The pre-game stuff has been pretty grim. The old super bowl highlights that they are showing are ESPN II are far better than the pre game show.

*old highlights is the only way I'm going to watch the Bears in a Super Bowl this year*
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

85 bears!
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Well that's the only money I can afford to lose, yours.
        I might as well just save you all the trouble... Ming is a bastard, Ming es un bastardo, Ming est un bâtard, Ming è un bastardo, Mingus bastardus est, Ming ist ein Mistkerl, Ming jest bêkartem, Ming är en horunge, Ming korcs, O Ming ine bastarthos, Ming on rakastajani...
        and if you don't understand any of these... Ming. Bastard is he. yesssss.

Comment

Well... this years Buc's Defense in the closest thing I've seen to those 85 Bears... close, but not as good.

Yeah... go Bears
          Keep on Civin'

Comment

I hear the Raiders are heavy favorites in Vegas. BTW CNN reports an estimated $6billion dollars is being bet on this game. Ouch!
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Interesting news is that the starting center for Oakland missed all game activities yesterday so he won't be starting. There are also reports that he is at the hospital. Seeing as he is a pro-Bowler this could be huge.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                CNN reports an estimated $6billion dollars is being bet on this game.
                Ouch indeed.

Any vague chance of match-fixing going on?

Whenever there is 6 billion dollars riding on one sporting event you just know that some nasty people will want to guarantee the outcome. Doesn't mean they'll be successful, but you know that if it was possible then somebody would be trying to do it.

Hell, it happens with far less high-profile, less lucrative sports. Why not Football?
                If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                  Interesting news is that the starting center for Oakland missed all game activities yesterday so he won't be starting.
                  Lastest news says that he was SENT HOME and will not play at all. That's got to hurt the team.
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

About fixing - there are 22 starters on each team, they all want to look good on TV, and they can make more money than people can bribe them for if they play well. Not to mention the coach can always sub in someone.

About the center - at ESPN.com they were reporting that he was late for a meeting yesterday and was told he'd be siting out. This guy was injured the last 14 games of last season and the guy who is going to start today is the same guy who started those 14 games last year.
                    I never know their names, But i smile just the same
                    New faces...Strange places,
                    Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
                    -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

Let's get the game going.

Beer is in the fridge. A big pot of chili is on the stove. I'm all ready.

As far as the SB pool goes I need a lot of feild goal to take the one I'm in. I have 9 for Tampa and 6 for Oakland.
                      God---He's my favorite fictional charater.----Homer Simpson

Comment

I'm set too.. it's about to start!
                        In da butt.
                        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by MacTBone
                          About fixing - there are 22 starters on each team, they all want to look good on TV, and they can make more money than people can bribe them for if they play well. Not to mention the coach can always sub in someone.
                          good point. unlike other sports somebody would have to bribe 20+ people with HUGE amounts of money to seriously alter the result.

Comment

Someone get me another beer, I'm too lazy to move from this chair.

We're gonna get all of 30 minutes build up here, I think. I'll be tanked by then at this rate.

Comment

If they were ballsy enough then they might be able to get away with just bribing the coach(es).
                              <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

The secret to Super Bowls... don't start drinking until game time... or you might miss the last quarter
                                Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                                X