No announcement yet.

So I stopped paying AOL on the 15th..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put it in writing, tell them you want the account cancelling forthwith, and make sure it is a recorded delivery. And if they continue to charge you, sue them.
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I put it in writing. FW'ed it to Steve Case, AOL Billing, The Wisconsin Attorney General and the Attorney general.

As well as the better business bureau.

I doubt Ill get a response. But hey, who cares.

Comment

Surely your bank can be instructed to decline the transaction?
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

AOL preys on n00bs to the internet (I know, after 10 years there are still noobs). But once you actually get used to the internet. AOL is more of roadblock.

FYI,
          1) You cant Game on off servers without 500ms
          2) They charge you .99 an hour to play Chess in an AOL window.
          3) Its expensive
          4) Its insanely slow (dial-up)
          5) Half of your emails bounce. **** even after all these years I still cant email certain domains.
          6) AOL's browser is useless. Im using 8.0 and I use AOL's browser_google spinoff. Something like 1/4 of all the sites are in foriegn charecters unsupported by browser. This is completely untrue considering I can get to the sites directly from NS.

7) ADS! Why do i pay for a service that spams me?

Last, and possiblly the worst part..

8) I cant close the welcome window

Comment

Death to AOL!
            Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Working...
            X