So I stopped paying AOL on the 15th..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I stopped paying AOL on the 15th..

Does anyone know when they actually shut off your service?

No serouisly. Im waiting. I can still come on. Whats taking them so long. They said you have to cancel on either the 1st or 15th of the month. okk soo I did.

?

DON'T GET ****ED OVER LIKE I DID!

CANCEL CANCEL CANCEL CANCEL CANCEL. They continue to charge you, they only *say* that they will stop charging you after your 'free trial' ends. Basically, they tell you 'for being such a good customer, we'll continue to let you use AOL for 2 months and then we'll shut down your service'

Then they keep charging you. It's utter bull****. Cancel now, don't take no for an answer. If you can sign on, they haven't cancelled you.
    "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
    You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Logging back on after you cancelled is as good as calling up and saying "I changed my mind", as far they're concerned.

Watch for your next bill, coming soon to a mailbox near you!
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

damn.. orange. You serouis? I aint payin there asses. I clearly called up and cancelled. Was told my service would be shut off. ****** better not bill me.

Comment

i'm DEAD serious. Don't log on to AOL. Switch ISPs NOW and be sure they've cancelled. They'll be real *****es about it. Pain in the ****ing arse.
          "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
          You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

lmao

Comment

They hung on 4 months after I "canceled" them. Finally had to cancel the credit card they were billing.

Spent the next year begging me for another credit card to bill...
              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

uh oh. this is not good news . . .

Comment

the moral: never even touch a computer with aol on it.
                  "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                  Drake Tungsten
                  "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                  Albert Speer

Comment

wow, aol is even worse than I imagined.
                    be free

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
                      They hung on 4 months after I "canceled" them. Finally had to cancel the credit card they were billing.

Spent the next year begging me for another credit card to bill...
                      I had a similar experience. I after being billed the second month after I told then to cancel, I just called the credit card it was being billed to in as lost. The bank had a new card to in a week, so it was less hassle than dealing with AOL.
                      "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

orange is correct, AOL will not meekly go away, esp. if you have logged back in after having called to cancel. I work for an ISP and get complaints from customers all the time about AOL and their billing practices.
                        The true nature of a man is shown by what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py
                          wow, aol is even worse than I imagined.
                          I don't know, I can imagine quite a bit--Han Solo
                          Last edited by HolyWarrior; January 31, 2003, 20:41.

Comment

Surely you need to speak to your card company and refuse to make any payments to AOL and make that quite clear...don't take no for an answer.
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

"AOL--- You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany."- Obi-Wan Kenobi
                              "The Enrichment Center is required to inform you that you will be baked, and then there will be cake"
                              Former President, C3SPDGI

Comment

Working...
                              X