Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exidus of Jews from France reaches record levels.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are our troops really there to protect them from iraq? can you find a source for that?
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144
      are our troops really there to protect them from iraq? can you find a source for that?
      Well, that and keeping the leadership in power, and not being overthrown by an even more radical element (like Bin Laden)

Take a look here
      "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

• so the fact we are controlling a regime in the middle east is leading to the terrorism...man, this is just getting better and better
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

so the fact we are controlling a regime in the middle east is leading to the terrorism...man, this is just getting better and better
          Hey, be fair now, we're protecting a regime, not controlling it.

But if you think things would be better with Bin Laden in control of Saudi Arabia....
          "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

• i dont think it would be better, but i think that you cant ignore the fact that what we are doing is giving justification to many people to condone terrorism.

Comment

i dont think it would be better, but i think that you cant ignore the fact that what we are doing is giving justification to many people to condone terrorism.
              Yes, and not doing so would give Bin Laden a far more powerful base of operations than Afghanistan was - which would mean more attacks. Or in the case of Iraq, more power over the region.

Geopolitics is complicated and sometimes there aren't any good solutions, just the best of a bad lot of solutions.

Comment

so the fact we are controlling a regime in the middle east is leading to the terrorism...man, this is just getting better and better
                There is no such fact. The lie that the U.S. "controls" places like Saudi Arabia and Egypt is often repeated in leftest political circles but it is still just a lie. The truth is the U.S. has influence over states and this influence is mainly derived for America's dominate trade and financial position visa via most of the middle east.

That influence hasn't helped us to get the Saudi's to stop their facist mullahs from spewing hate, to seriously crack down on terrorist financing, nor improve the appaling condition of Arab women. The U.S. has been pushing them towards moderating their stands on issues like this but so far our influence has only gotten window dressing and damn few results.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• i can drink to that edan!

Comment

Working...
                  X