Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bush can count his reliable allies on one hand even after losing a couple of fingers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush can count his reliable allies on one hand even after losing a couple of fingers

Only Britain and Australia are deploying troops. The Australia contingent sailed out of Sydney yesterday - a command ship, SAS, commandos, 2 frigates (already there), navy clearance divers, landing craft and a squadron of Hornets. That's a pretty big commitment for us, on a par with what we sent to the Korean war.

Australian public opinion is strongly against the deployment. Less than 10% support military action without a UN mandate.

Either way, in the end membership of the coalition is glaringly pared back to what the Europeans like to call the "Anglo conspiracy".

Shows there are allies and there are allies.
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Nothing unexpected. And yes, there are, and there are.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I hope you are proud of being Australian...

And yes, there are, and there are.

Ah, now I understand... All we have to do is suck up to the mighty Americans and we are considered good allies again
      Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
      And notifying the next of kin
      Once again...

Comment

I'm surprised Canada isn't joining in..........
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Originally posted by Hueij
          Ah, now I understand... All we have to do is suck up to the mighty Americans and we are considered good allies again
          Well you're not in the Club so you wouldn't know.

Comment

what would canada send? a couple hummers and 4 guys with machine guns?
            "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

you know, that's larger than the entire EU army.
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Canada is looking really bad.

New Zealand got out of the Club a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                  Well you're not in the Club so you wouldn't know.
                  Damn! If it isn't the dress code it is something else, I never seem to get into the Club... On second thought, who would like to be seen in a club with USsians, Aussies and Brits?
                  Once again...

Comment

Your English isn't good enough either.

Comment

Your English isn't good enough either.
                      I know, but at least I don't have that horrible Australian accent...
                      Once again...

Comment

Re: Bush can count his reliable allies on one hand even after losing a couple of fingers

It means Australians will be compared in future history books to the WWII Rumanians: Altogether unimportant, but staunchly supporting the bad side...
                        Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

I'm surprised Canada isn't joining in..........
                          Must be the French influence.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Canada is looking really bad.

Yes they are. I blame their poor behavior on the French corruption that eats away at their nation's core...

Seriously though, my sincere respect goes out to the Brits and the Aussies. They're true friends to America.

edit: Damn you, Oerdin! Beat me to it...
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hueij
                              I hope you are proud of being Australian...

And yes, there are, and there are.

No, one can pull their weight in a U.N. effort.
                              Of course, a remark such as this from you, was not unexpected either.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                              X