No announcement yet.

You might want to dump Ad-Aware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah i figure i may as well clear this computer now, downloading spybot as we speak.
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Spybot S&D and Ad-Aware v6 are a powerful duo
      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Thread's a bit old
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Faboba
          Kazaa refuses to load once I delete it's illicit web-monitors. There's nothing I can do to stop the junk mail now so why bother trying?....
          Try Bearshare. I personally think it's a better program than Kazaa, and the only adware that gets installed is very easy to get rid of. And it's not terribly intrusive to begin with.

Comment

Use eMule.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I don't know how they can do it with my firewall, but they do.

Are you, by any chance, using IE? Try switching to a Real Browser.
              Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

I haven't found eMule to be that great, to be honest. I left my comp on all night trying to get one file, I come back the next day and it hasn't even downloaded a single byte. Kazaa, after running for 0.2 seconds, totally beat eMule's all-night record.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

KaZaA rulz. Lite and Diet versions are even better.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                  X