You might want to dump Ad-Aware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...8&q=kazaa+lite
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I downloaded and ran SpyBot. It came up with a list of files from Adobe Acrobat, MSIE, Office etc...
      Should I 'fix' these? They don't appear harmful ... would they stop the parent program from working?
      If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

AFAIK these file should stay.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

That's what I thought so I left them alone for the time being.
          If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Its probably catching the "integration with ie" stuff that allows you to (for example) view pdf's inside of ie using acrobat. See if the website has any information about these products, but if you can't find any information, leave them be.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

BTW, there is a kazaa lite ++ too. Sets you as 'supreme being'
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

This is exactly what I've been saying all the time in this thread.

Ad-Aware's been crap since August last year.

Comment

How could anybody gets infected by spyware is beyond me
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

spyware is sneaky. it is quite easily to get spyware ya know. I can get it just by posting at bulletin boards like Apolyton. I don't know how they can do it with my firewall, but they do.

Comment

Ah, wasnt aware of all that stuff Asher. I am now the Proud owner of Spybot S&D

Just doing the scan and it's already found 3 screens of stuff!! didnt realise i has so much shoot on my PC , and that'll clear quite a lot of space for someone with a 4mb hard drive!
                      Up The Millers

Comment

Originally posted by Rothy
                        Ah, wasnt aware of all that stuff Asher. I am now the Proud owner of Spybot S&D

Just doing the scan and it's already found 3 screens of stuff!! didnt realise i has so much shoot on my PC , and that'll clear quite a lot of space for someone with a 4mb hard drive!
                        Hmmm. I didn't know you could get Internet browsers for MS-DOS.

Comment

Thanks for the info Ixnay.
                          ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                          ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Worse than Ad-Aware, is imesh.

Why don't one of you start a general Crappy Program thread?
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Ad aware 6.0 is out now, and is updated regularly.

I use both adaware and Spybot since they can catch what the other one misses.

Comment

jeez, I didn't even know what spyware did. You guys really helped me out...thanx!

I'm downloading Spybot SD now.

thanx again guys! Kudo's!
                                Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                                Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                                *****Citizen of the Hive****
                                "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Working...
                                X