No announcement yet.

Is torture ever justified?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The mods seem to be getting lazy... usually these threads are closed fast.
    Lime roots and treachery!
    "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

I'm entirely too lazy to read that whole article. Besides, I have a short attention sp… oh look, a pencil!
      What kind of pencil?

Comment

Civilizations in civ I and II employed extreme interrogation techniques in order to discover technologies when an enemy cities was captured. Due to the intervention of the international courts, this practice was discontinued on Civ3.
        Do not be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed...

Comment

Originally posted by Pyrodrew

What kind of pencil?
          You'll notice that as his post clearly showed, he has gone off too other things
          Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
          Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalGrace
            Civilizations in civ I and II employed extreme interrogation techniques in order to discover technologies when an enemy cities was captured. Due to the intervention of the international courts, this practice was discontinued on Civ3.
            A valuable effort to try and maintain this thread on Civ3-General. Nice try, TG.
            I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by cyclotron7
              The mods seem to be getting lazy... usually these threads are closed fast.
              You can say that again! Are they still on vacation?
              Anyway my behaviour in civ3 as a leader of a civ is different from what I would do in real life. But on the other hand the AI civs aren't realistic either....
              It is I Le Clerk! ;-) Quote from Allo allo.

Comment

What do you think about pop-rushing? And slave workers? Civ 3 is in fact a very immoral game, IMHO!

Comment

At least they don't call them slaves, unlike in ctp where you could have large slave populations.
                  Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

Shouldn't this be on Of Topic
                    I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

Modest Proposal For Civ 4

Civilization 3 "Interrogation" Advisor Screen

(Advisor strongly resembles John Ashcroft)

"Sire, we have captured a (insert enemy civ) terrorist cell operating in (insert your cap city). Do you wish to obtain information from them by:"

o Sleep Deprivation - Results in 20 Turns (50 gold)
                      o Electric Shock - Results in 10 Turns (110 gold)
                      o Bamboo Shoots Under Fingernails - Results in 5 Turns (175 gold)
                      o Date with Catherine of Russia - Results in 1 Turn (300 gold)
                      Last edited by wilbill; January 14, 2003, 10:29.
                      "Illegitimi non carborundum"

Comment

Wouldn't it be 'The Civilization 4 "Interrogation" Advisor' screen?
                        "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
                        -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

You may get a reputation hit from that.
                          Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

Puhleeze! If anything, Bush/Cheney would advocate "preemtive torture" and "forward thumb-screwing."

Comment

Originally posted by Alexnm

A valuable effort to try and maintain this thread on Civ3-General. Nice try, TG.
                              well you know...

Every thread is sacred
                              every thread is great
                              when a thread is wasted
                              the mod becomes irate.
                              Do not be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed...

Comment

Originally posted by wilbill
                                Modest Proposal For Civ 4

Civilization 3 "Interrogation" Advisor Screen

(Advisor strongly resembles John Ashcroft)

"Sire, we have captured a (insert enemy civ) terrorist cell operating in (insert your cap city). Do you wish to obtain information from them by:"

o Sleep Deprivation - Results in 20 Turns (50 gold)
                                o Electric Shock - Results in 10 Turns (110 gold)
                                o Bamboo Shoots Under Fingernails - Results in 5 Turns (175 gold)
                                o Date with Catherine of Russia - Results in 1 Turn (300 gold)
                                Date with Catherine???? My god, what kind of a savage are you!!
                                A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Working...
                                X