No announcement yet.

Are You Ready for some Football - Playoffs Week Two

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always been a Tampa Bay fan since I lived in central florida (orlando unfortuantely ). Of course I mainly like them for their team colors

But I seriously think Tampa Bay has a shot. In fact I don't think the Philly offense can score on them. They had trouble with Atlanta until late in the game. The only way I see Philadelphia winning is off Tampa Bay turnovers.

And even though Tennesee is much better than in the beginning of the year I still can't see them doing much against the Raiders .

Comment

I am **NOT** rooting for the Tampa Bay Succaneers.

What happened to all the Sapp haters out there? Don't be seduced onto reismark's bandwagon!! You'll end up like rats scurrying from a sinking ship with no place to go!

Me, I'm looking for an Eagles vs. Raiders Super Bowl...
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

The only way I see Philadelphia winning is off Tampa Bay turnovers.
        Which is exactly how they beat us last time. If we don't shoot ourselves in the foot, we have a chance.

And I'm not even going to dignify the sacrilegers among us with a response. You know who you are.
        CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
        Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
        Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
        Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

Tampa simply can't beat Philly in Philly. With McNabb back to speed, the Eagles will score enough and the Philly D will keep Tampa from the scoreboard.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

The next person I hear say that Wayne Chrebet is a tough reciever that likes to go over the middle is gonna get smacked.

I never liked his "Green Hornet" crap, and have always thought that he was overrated.

Pennington must have let that "smooth" talk get to him during the week, because I didn't see him throw a single pass all day with any ZIP on it.

I do like Pennington's ability to sell the fake though. That guy made the cameramen look stupid many times.

I hate to say it, but I am rooting for the Raiders, only because they have a bunch of old guys on the team that play as one.
            Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks...

Comment

Also you gotta like the Eagles, since McNabb got hurt (and continue to do this), insist on being introduced as a team, a la the Patriots in last year's SuperBowl. The Raiders have the same 'team' mentality right now.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

WELL

I feel sorry for Pittsburgh but the right call was made on that "contact with the kicker" penalty. EVERY game I have seen, any contact with the kicker drew a penalty unless the guy blocked the punt or was pushed into the kicker. AS for the timeout thing, I don't know what was said to the official but the hand motion seemed to come at the same time as the snap (too late). Personally, I find the idea of complaining about a denied timeout to be extremely petty.

Didn't Oakland, Philly and Tampa demonstrate that they are the class of the league. Its amazing to watch the wild card games and think a defence is solid or that an offence is potent. Then a week later you watch these teams just get dismantled.
                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

1. I was happy as a raiders fan to see the niners lose, and terribly at that. At my workplace everyone but the operation supervisor and my former building supervisor were niner fans. I razzed everyone at work today and collected several hundred dollars...

Watching and listening to the game though, i realized that it wasnt so much that the bucs were better...just the niners had no heart and were just making mistake after mistake. and mooch just had coaching impotence, like kneeling the ball when youre down and theres time on the clock in the first half. heartless

2. Raiders victory over the jets was great to watch and listen to. Admittedly the jets really defeated themselves towards the end but the raiders played a solid game and performed like champions. lets not forget the raiders had only lost one game in the past 8 weeks...
                  I do believe the jets were overhyped going into the game as they played an ailing colts team.

Overall i think itll be a close one between the raiders and the titans. The raiders do have so many offensive weapons though, and verterans at that. thats what i think will prove vital in the upcoming game, those veterans. The titans also have a strong veteran leadership but i think the raw talent of the raiders will prevail. Unless the Secondary is constantly picked on considering woodson is playing injured. I dont see the titans passing game as a huge threat though, and the raiders run defense has improved vastly.

3.Eagles vs Falcons, turnovers lose games. I was kind of bummed to see vick and the falcons eliminated but they just played a bad game and deserved to get eliminated.

4.Steelers would have been more interesting

5. GOOOOOOOOOOOO RAIDERS!
                  "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                  'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I actually thought they might fire Mariuchi. I kind of wish they would. I think he can be a good coach, but not in SF. The players don't believe in him. The same thing will happen next year.

Comment

I think that the Titans will give Oakland a good game, but will fall for the reason that they have fallen the last five years:

No downfield passing game.

When they fix that, they will be scary.

But we've been saying that for five years now.
                      Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks...

Comment

By that time, Eddie George will be on crutches. The titan window of opportunity is closing rapidly.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Eddie George already sucks though, so that's no big loss.

Comment

Apparently, I'm the only one that believes the Titans will win.

Reismark says Rhondi Barder has a statement to make, what about the Titans?

ZERO Pro-Bowl selections.

Remember the Dolphins had the No-Name defense?

This is the No-Name team, they will do what it takes to win.

Plus, the are the only team in the NFL that has players that went the same High School I did, Andre and Kevin Dyson.

ACK!
                            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                            X