Are You Ready for some Football - Playoffs Week Two

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thrawn05
    I'll pass, I'm true to my Jets. But since they are not playing anymore, I have switched to "The Eagles Must Be Destroyed At All Costs" Mode. So whoever they are playing against I'm with them in that regard.
    That would be Tampa all right
    CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
    Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
    Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
    Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

Originally posted by reismark

That would be Tampa all right

They are the lesser of two evils currently.
      I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Three out of four games sucked.

Jets crumpled in the second half, looks like they figuered out ol Chad, just blitz the kid.

No idea who goes from here, but I think it's Raiders/Eagles.
        I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
        i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

I'll be a temporary anything fan if they'll beat the Eagles.
          "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
          Drake Tungsten
          "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
          Albert Speer

Comment

Jump on the bandwagon then

One other thing about today's game: Ronde Barber made a huge statement today about him getting totally shafted for the Pro Bowl. He did today what no other corner this year has been able to do: Play Terrell Owens man-to-man and win.
            CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
            Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
            Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
            Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

Originally posted by Chris 62
              Three out of four games sucked.

Jets crumpled in the second half, looks like they figuered out ol Chad, just blitz the kid.

No idea who goes from here, but I think it's Raiders/Eagles.
              Usualy Jets do pretty damn good in the second half, just look at the number of Jets v Miami games.

I get that feeling too, a Raiders/Eagles game. I just hope the commericals are worth it otherwise I might turn in early for that one.
              I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Who DOESN'T beat Miami?
                I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Lots of people... I felt that Miami was a really decent team this year, and if the Packers hadn't imploded to the Jets they might still be proving it...
                  "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                  Drake Tungsten
                  "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                  Albert Speer

Comment

You mean they'd scrape by in the wild card round and then get completely demolished the next week?

Comment

I think the playoffs have done their job so far. I think the four best teams are left. Now why can't college have a playoff system
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Go Florida! Wow, SF just looked lame.

And poor NY Giants, gettin called for an uneligalbe receiver downfield who was not only eligible but also had pass interference against. Terry Bradshaw was right though, if they hadn't let the 49ers catch up 24 points then it wouldn't have been a problem in the first place.
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

1-3, not a good weekend, Rah passed me in the rankings too, ugh. At least Reismark didn't fare any better.

I didn't think the Raiders would win and they won rather easily. Tennessee at Oakland? Hmm...let's see the spread. Tampa at Philly? Hehe, Tampa sucks up north. Does Philly have an outdoor or indoor stadium?

Comment

Maybe you should become temporary Tampa Bay fans. The bandwagon is certainly big enough

Yeah, reismark should know. He jumped on the bandwagon a few years back when they started becoming good .

What, you thought he was from Florida or liked the Bucs before 1998?

---

The Raiders showed today that they are the team to beat. They took the hottest team in the league and smashed them (as a true Jets fan I knew they'd lose ). Oakland will beat Tennessee and then beat anyone they play against in the NFC.

Oh, and GO EAGLES!! McNabb, we love you!
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I did not believe the Raiders could take the Jets and shut them down like that! 6-2 total on picks without spread. (I don't do spreads because they always mess me up. Last postseason I remember picking 10-1 without spread and 5-6 with it. That is why I don't do spreads anymore.)

Falcons over Packers was also a huge surprise.

I think the Raiders will cruise to an easy victory in the championship, but the superbowl will be close. Not as good as last years though. I'm having a hard time deciding on Bucs v. Eagles. I think they're about even if McNabb performs the way he did today, but if he improves then the Eagles should win. So I'm tentatively picking the Eagles, but that's subject to change.
                              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

I'm rooting for the Bucs, but I expect the Eagles will win.
                                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                                X