Why am i always tired?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[joke]but i'm too goth to go out into the sun!![/joke]
    "Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy

Comment

Correct with depression/sunlight.
      You'll see it in effect if you ever live a year in Finland (or some other place as north) - summers are nice and all, but when the days are getting shorter and the winter's on its way, people will become collectively depressed - some less, some more.
      There's a term kaamosmasennus for that. November/December is the worst time - It's like everyone you see had "F*ck off" labeled on their foreheads - or at least I often see it so, given my own general pissed-offness. I guess the winter affects me more than other people, then... maybe.
      You make my life and times
      A book of bluesy Saturdays

Comment

I don't think burnout is it. Burnout is more like not wanting to do any school-related work at all, but has the time and energy to do other things (e.g. games).
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

DM, you're a full-time student, right? Your college should have a medical center on campus, already paid for by your tuition.
          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by devilmunchkin
            [joke]but i'm too goth to go out into the sun!![/joke]
            Hmmm?
            An aversion to sunlight? Do you also, by any chance:-
            Happen to like sleeping in a box about, oh, say 1.85m long by 0.90m wide and 0.65m high, rather than a bed?
            Have a couple of puncture marks on your neck that didn't used to be there?
            Have a sudden extreme aversion to crosses, holy water and garlic?
            Watch the latest Buffy episodes with the fervent hope that the blonde is going to finally get her just desserts?

I might have an idea...

Comment

yeah...i drink water all the time
              burned out might be it....working my butt off at college for the last few years has been stressful..and i've been working non-stop the whole time....but as far as that goes, i'll just have to suck it up and keep going. i don't have the luxury of burning out.
              Well, it´s your life. But sometimes you have to just say no and take some time off. They say it´s better to burn out then to fade away, but that´s a load of crap IMO. There is no shame in giving up (for the time being, that is) if you can´t cope with the situation. But on the other hand, I suppose this IS a luxury one can´t afford in a country without a social security net that catches you if you should fall (like we have in Sweden).

But I would say that burnout is the most likely candidate here. All the symptoms match and you have been under very much stress lately, as you say yourself.

Just my 2 cents...

UR, if you´re burned out you don´t have the strenght to do anything, really. Not even fun stuff. The energy is drained.
              I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

i rarely have caffeine...no coffee and i rarely drink soda. i drink mostly juice, water and sometimes milk.
                i just got OUT of a really bad depressive state..very very bad.
                i feel better today..still a little sluggish but not anything like yesterday.
                maybe it's just me being tired from being physically sick..i had acute bronchitis and a urinary tract infection all at the same time two weeks ago.
                Sounds like me a week ago. I was tired all week. I just got over being sick twice as well and dealing with a lot of stress. Once I got back on my schedule and started exercising again, I felt fine.
                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Nothing beats a blood test to check for a whole bunch of nutritional things or hormonal/chemical imbalances so I'll have to repeat the "see the doctor" advice. Only after you have eliminated those should you jump for other (psychological) causes.

You mention sleepiness but do you also have the type of bone-tired fatigue that makes it difficult to climb a set of stairs or walk any distance? I'm thinking mono which I had at about your age. I lived on the third floor and had to stop 2-3 times to rest on the way up and eventually had to take about 4 weeks off from university .
                  You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

flubber: no
                    believe it or not, i found it impossible almost, to sleep last night......i was up because my mind just wouldn't stop....odd huh?
                    as far as our medical clinic, the visit is free, but all tests have to be paid for as well as prescriptions......so...maybe i'll go when i get some money...
                    "Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy

Comment

Originally posted by panag
                      hi ,

devil , have you done a bloodexam yet in the mean time

have a nice day
                      just to make sure
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

dm, you're not tired. It's the rest of the world. It's too energetic.
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

flubber: no
                          believe it or not, i found it impossible almost, to sleep last night......i was up because my mind just wouldn't stop....odd huh?
                          as far as our medical clinic, the visit is free, but all tests have to be paid for as well as prescriptions......so...maybe i'll go when i get some money...
                          hi ,

héy

this could be a signal for a bigger problem , spend the money , explain the doctors you are short on it , any good doctor shall understand this , so get that exam , ....

have a nice day
                          - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                          - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                          WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Working...
                          X