Why am i always tired?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlowwHand
    Good to see you Cavebear, who I agree with.
    Ask someone who knows, and can check you in person.
    It's nice to see you, too. There are some people who slip off my radar screen but I am glad to discover again elsewhere. You are one of those.
    Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Friend of mine had an iron difficiancy...maybe that's it?

Sleeping TOO much leaves you tired as well, fyi
      "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
      ^ The Poly equivalent of:
      "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Yeah, see a doctor. Nobody's mentioned mono yet, but it sure sounds like the case I had when I was about your age.

On the other hand, excessive sleep/fatigue is often a symptom of depression. Any chance that's it?

Good luck.
        "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

From all the great sex you've been having...
          " Conceit, arrogance, and egotism are the essentials of patriotism." - Emma Goldman

William Seward Burroughs
          February 5, 1914 - August 2, 1997 R.I.P. Uncle Bill, you are missed.

Comment

Health is so cool and so rare for most people. To the extent that nutrition determines health (and that is quite a bit), it is simple. Eat right, exercise regularly, and most problems are eliminated right there.

I happen to really like fruits and vegetables. I like combinations of those that include a few ounces of meat. I like vegetables and fruits with color in them. Not because "they" say it is good for me but just because I like them.

I seem to be always a few years ahead of the trends.

Hint, go for fruits/veggies with bright colors, avoid prepared foods of all kinds, eat more nuts, don't be afraid to cook or ingest olive or canola oil, and make complex tossed salads with 1/2 multiple loose-leaf lettuces and 1/4 raw veggies and 1/4 legumes. Forget the sprouts!

For main dishes, do stir-fries in peanut or olive oli.
            Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
            Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
            Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
            Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

How are you feeling emotionally these days? Depression can have weird effects on sleep patterns.
              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

that is true also

also make sure you are eating a ballance, one time when I felt tired a lot I needed to eat more fruits

Jon Miller
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

gout
                  "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                  'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I was tired all the time during the summer, despite getting enough sleep. It seemed to stop eventually.

Comment

What's wrong with being sleepy? Must you hypochondriacs make everything an illness?
                      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                        What's wrong with being sleepy? Must you hypochondriacs make everything an illness?
                        I think thats a rather stupid comment AH. It just isn't fun when you spend most of the day feeling like you've just run a marathon and not being able to do anything constructive or useful.

It's been so bad for me I've had two tests for diabetes (which is quite likely as my dad, granddad and uncle all have diabetes) and my thyroid gland tested (all negative). And I passionately hate going to the doctor or dentist. In fact those two visits were the only two times I've been in the past 4/5 years (except when I got a really bad fever in asia).

Though I do think you are half-right, in that although it can be nice to rule out nasty diseases, chronic fatigue (and the majority of medical problems IMHO) are a symptom of an underlying psycological problem.
                        Here is an example, if you are depressed you dont eat well and therefore get vitamin/protien/iron deficiencies. The cure for this is not to take pills but to get happy, as you'll then eat and sleep better naturally.
                        There are many illnesses this logic applies to beyond chronic fatuigue; Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Migraine/recurrent headaches, over-frequent bouts of cold/flu etc. etc.
                        I have discovered that China and Spain are really one and the same country, and it's only ignorance that leads people to believe they are two seperate nations. If you don't belive me try writing 'Spain' and you'll end up writing 'China'."
                        Gogol, Diary of a Madman

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                          Ask your doctor to test your blood, chances are you are low on iron. But in order for iron to be well absorbed by your body, it's needs plenty of B12 vitamin.

I too get b12 shots about every month/6 weeks, coupled with very good proscripted (?) iron capsuls.
                          If I stop taking them even for a couple of days, my energy levels drop to where I have to drag myself out of my bed. Feeling more tired then when I got in, in the first place.
                          What can I chow down to acquire some good ol' B12 and Iron? I don't have serious problem, but I'm not much of a morning person. Maybe it might help tinsy bit.
                          :-p

Comment

Are you drinking enough water? Mild dehydration can make you fatigued.

Low thyroid? sleep apnea? do you wake up frequently in your sleep?

One of the best things for my sleep was to eliminate caffene from my life, as much as possible (root beer is normally caffene free, but Barq's has caffene, damnit!). I've not been getting as restful sleep as I used to get.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

i rarely have caffeine...no coffee and i rarely drink soda. i drink mostly juice, water and sometimes milk.
                              i just got OUT of a really bad depressive state..very very bad.
                              i feel better today..still a little sluggish but not anything like yesterday.
                              maybe it's just me being tired from being physically sick..i had acute bronchitis and a urinary tract infection all at the same time two weeks ago.
                              "Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy

Comment

Diabetes, that somtimes causes you to be tired!
                                Always check the bottoms of your feet! If you notice anything strange its Diabetes, people with diabetes who don't even know about it often discover holes in the bottoms of their feet, and its goes down to the bone too!

You could have Anarexia, thats causes sleep? You been eating enough lately? Does it hurt if you eat a large meal? Your stomach could of shrunk in size a little and cause you to fill up more quickly!
                                Help negate the vegiterian movement!
                                For every animal you don't eat! I'm gunna eat three!!

Comment

Working...
                                X