Why am i always tired?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why am i always tired?

I've been needing enormous amounts of sleep lately. Last night i didn't turn on my alarm and i slept 16 hours straight without even stirring. then i took an hour nap a few hours lately cause i could barely keep my eyes open and i'm STILL tired. i probably could easily sleep through the night. it's been like this for awhile. i sleep at least 12 hours a night (well..through my vacation i did)...
    i take vitamins because i'm borderline anemic so i don't think that is it since i do take my vitamins...any clues?
    "Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy

There are various causes.

You might have chronic fatigue syndrome, for example, or an elavated level of growth hormone.

Better check with a doctor.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Ask your doctor to test your blood, chances are you are low on iron. But in order for iron to be well absorbed by your body, it's needs plenty of B12 vitamin.

I too get b12 shots about every month/6 weeks, coupled with very good proscripted (?) iron capsuls.
      If I stop taking them even for a couple of days, my energy levels drop to where I have to drag myself out of my bed. Feeling more tired then when I got in, in the first place.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

not getting enough protein?

Jon Miller
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Excessive tiredness and lack of energy can be signs of diabetes.

Gatekeeper
          "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

the vitamins i take say they have 100% of my b12 and 100% of my iron..
            i've been eating alot better...less carbs more vegetables and fruits and so protein shouldn't be a problem. i've always been a sleeper but never like this.
            what are the other symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome. i do have heart palpitations often...would that contribute. and unfortunately, i have no insurance, so seeing a dr. is kinda out of the question at the moment.
            "Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy

Comment

i don't think i have diabetes..
              i'm 21, five feet tall and weigh 110 lbs

Comment

Take a look at this website, I am not sure how accurate this information is.

Doesn't your school has a doctor you can go see?
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

i don't think i have diabetes..
                  i'm 21, five feet tall and weigh 110 lbs
                  That doesn't mean you can't have diabetes...

the vitamins i take say they have 100% of my b12 and 100% of my iron..
                  And those vitamins are for people that absorb vitamins normaly. You might not be good at digesting them.

For instance: part of my bowles had to be taken away, the part that is responsible for the intake of iron. So i need double or even more to end up with a normal daily dosage.

Again, go see a dokter, get a few bloodtests, you will know alot more, a feel more relaxed
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                  Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Seriously, go to a doctor. There are too many possible factors involved to judge in a vacuum.

There are physical reasons, psychological reasons, stress reasons, nutritional reasons, etc.

Even just sleeping for *too* long can mess you up for days and leave you feeling "out of it". I've done *that* occassionally and I know!
                    Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Hey devil who told you to take that iron? Iron can be a tricky thing....
                      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

well..when i saw a doctor before....especially during the time where i was on acutain nd getting regular blood check ups...my iron was always low unless i took vitamins.
                        what about sleep debt? does that really exist or is that just an urban legend?

Comment

Okay. Doc didn't say that the iron deficiency was from the accutane did he?

Sleep debt does indeed exist.
                          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Good to see you Cavebear, who I agree with.
                            Ask someone who knows, and can check you in person.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Yep, head to the doc, DM, if you can. When it comes to size and height, diabetes isn't selective. There are plenty of Type 1 and Type 2 diabetics out there who *aren't* overweight or obese. But only a doc will be able to inform you of anything you have conclusively ...

Gatekeeper
                              "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Working...
                              X