Why the US has to be and should be "imperialist"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by red_jon

Shut up, just because they teach the truth, like how God created the world in 7 days and the world is flat
    No, we do not allow such to be taught in our wretched public schools. We, rather teach remedial English and math to first year college students because they somehow managed to go to public school for 12 years, getting straight A's, while learning virtually nothing.
    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Would you like to get into a discussion about the AMERICAN education system?

One good troll deserves another...
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by red_jon
        Actually the world is in the shape of a giant turtle.

Nooooo!~ (starts burning lifetime worth of research then pauses)

I am in denial phase now.

:-p

Comment

Originally posted by Grrr

1) ... not to **** in our own nest ... but have you EVER seen the NZ press report on something worthwhile. International news is relagated to after the first ad-break on the 6 o'clock news ... and is often canned if there is important news (eg Rugby scandals).
          Don't blame me - it is right there on page 38 of the UN's HDR report. NZ score = 8; US = 15 (lower is better).

Didn't you see me complain about the NZ press. The TV are not too hot (still better than the Yanks though); the papers are not too bad though - less biased than most.

2) ... Yep down with Christian Heritage ...
          ... And also the fact that we have seven politcal parties bringing many values to our government.
          And few people seem to think it is appropriate to legislate one's religious prejudices.

3) ... you've obviously never walked down Cuba St in Wellington or Karangahape Rd in Auckland. Plenty there ... but most do it voluntarily ... if they didn't spend all their money on booze and hookers it'd be a lot better.
          I've never seen any. Apparently it has been slightly worse since I left 3 years ago - but still nowhere near Canada's level of homelessness not to mention the US rate. I suppose there will always be some hard core losers who just don't care.

But we do have Winston Peters ... he should be deported to America ... would raise the average IQ of both countries3) ... you've obviously never walked down Cuba St in Wellington or Karangahape Rd in Auckland. Plenty there ... but most do it voluntarily ... if they didn't spend all their money on booze and hookers it'd be a lot better.
          At least he's smarter than Bush.

4) ... Yeah. But I look at america like that.
          Like what?
          Only feebs vote.

Comment

stupidest thread ever
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Show me a metropolis with no homeless. Then maybe you can say NZ doesnt have homeless people. (unless you dont have cities! and kicking the homeless out doesnt count either!)

Comment

Originally posted by Ned

In other words, NZ woud join with China or Japan, the other Pacific powers, over the US if it were offered a choice? That is the real question on the table.
                No we can't be bothered with the whole bunch of you. P*** off and leave us alone with our beer and our 60 million sheep. And you can stick Britney Spears, Mickey Mouse and your nuclear weapons up your a*** and all.

And I'd have the Japanese before you.

- Over the last 40 years or so they've been better behaved than the US

- American women are generally fat whining hogs (well the lot of you are fat whining hogs, but I ain't gay). Japanese women are just great - attractive, smart, not the size of an SUV.

- Sapporo is a better pint than the horse p*** you guys call beer.

- sushi is better for you than McDonalds

- and they are so polite.

- we can thrash them at rugby.

- the Godzilla films were one of the highlights of the 20th century.

- the other choice is Australia.

Actually - you can do us a favour.

Dear George Bush Jr.

Please nuke Australia as soon as possible. Iraq and North Korea have never been the real danger. The Australians are evil, they smell, and they have sex with farm animals.

Yours in hope of an impending first strike

Agathon
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon

No we can't be bothered with the whole bunch of you. P*** off and leave us alone with our beer and our 60 million sheep. And you can stick Britney Spears, Mickey Mouse and your nuclear weapons up your a*** and all.

And I'd have the Japanese before you.

- Over the last 40 years or so they've been better behaved than the US

- American women are generally fat whining hogs (well the lot of you are fat whining hogs, but I ain't gay). Japanese women are just great - attractive, smart, not the size of an SUV.

- Sapporo is a better pint than the horse p*** you guys call beer.

- sushi is better for you than McDonalds

- and they are so polite.

- we can thrash them at rugby.

- the Godzilla films were one of the highlights of the 20th century.

- the other choice is Australia.

Actually - you can do us a favour.

Dear George Bush Jr.

Please nuke Australia as soon as possible. Iraq and North Korea have never been the real danger. The Australians are evil, they smell, and they have sex with farm animals.

Yours in hope of an impending first strike

Agathon
                  I like the Japanese too. But I don't think I would ever be fully accepted into their society.

But based simply on your attitude, Agathon, you'd make a good American.
                  http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Yeah ... nuke the aussies !

Agathon ... you're forgotten about that very degrading sport of the yanks ... cheerleading (the best way to advertise a daughter as a slut ripe for rape).
                    Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
                    Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer
                      The United States is, without a doubt, the most socially advanced society in the world...

we are superior in terms of the progress of civilization...
                      I guess Nazi boy Speer has forgotten that the US has by far the highest murder per capita rate in the world. And is the only "civilized" Western country without socialized medicine, and has the highest rate of people living below the poverty line.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava

I guess Nazi boy Speer has forgotten that the US has by far the highest murder per capita rate in the world. And is the only "civilized" Western country without socialized medicine, and has the highest rate of people living below the poverty line.
                        Like I said, I fully understood what speer was getting at, but I disagree with his definition of "advanced society". According to his definition, as long as society can different ethnic groups, it is advanced. And by the way I also disagree with you in that some things you mention does not need to be resolved to be necessarily be socially advanced in my definition....

Agathon ... you're forgotten about that very degrading sport of the yanks ... cheerleading (the best way to advertise a daughter as a slut ripe for rape).
                        I disagree. God bless the Cheerleaders.

American women are generally fat whining hogs (well the lot of you are fat whining hogs, but I ain't gay). Japanese women are just great - attractive, smart, not the size of an SUV.
                        Ok racists statement, but Asian women in general are usually flat. But then theres wonder of surgery. So choose wisely. Liposuction (flabby skin) or fake breasts? I dont mind if they are small so asian women are usually perfect for me
                        I like the Japanese too. But I don't think I would ever be fully accepted into their society.
                        No you will not. I forgot the specifics on how to acquire japanese citizenship. It's ridiculous compared to US naturalized citizenship. (Not to mention even with citizenship you will be forever "foreigner" to them. It will forever show as you have to write your name in Katakana.)

Comment

My point EXACTLY... an ethnic state like Japan must never be imperialist because, for example, Manchurians would never be accepted into Japanese society. Any imperialism done by such an ethnic state will be racist.

The United States, however, being a multi-national state, if it does act imperialistically, would do so in a way where the citizens of the 'vassal' would be fully embraced as the Gauls and Egyptians and what not was embraced by the Romans

thanks
                          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

multi-national state? You do know of course, that the percentages of our government officials don't translate into equal ratios of the actual US population.

Of all the Western countries, the US is the least civilized and advanced socially. Military and economic superiority doesn't equal social and cultural "superiority. In fact, the idea that one culture is better than another is very ethno-centrist. But, I don't expect any more from a guy like Speer.
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Sava:

Once again...

Japanese act imperialistically in Korea... Koreans become second-class citizens of the Japanese Empire with no hope of being accepted into the ethnic state that is Japan.

US acts imperialistically in Korea. Koreans will be equals to Americans and be accepted into a multi-national state that has a history of accepting people of various ethnicities

Multi-national states are better... Achaemid Persia, Rome, Ottoman Empire...

thanks
                              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

multi-national state? You do know of course, that the percentages of our government officials don't translate into equal ratios of the actual US population.

That made no sense whatsoever...

Leave it to Sava to make Speer look like a genius!
                                KH FOR OWNER!
                                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X