C'mon Dems, come up with a Bush-beater!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
    No one starts out running for the vice-presidency. I expect Kerry to get the nomination and then ask Edwards to be his running mate. Kerry is the definate front runner in the race, though if the Democratic electorate actually educates themselves, they may go for Dean, who's actually rather interesting. I'm still predicting Kerry-Edwards to run in 2004, and possibly even beat Shrub.
    just restating what Edwards said
    "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
    You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

As near as I can tell, only republicans hate trial lawyers, because they keep suing their businesses for their misdeeds.

Do you actually LIVE in this country?! Opinion polls put trial lawyers on the same favoribility ratings as used car salesmen (about 10% for each).
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I think his point was that hardcore Democrats tend not to hate trial lawyers as much as Republicans.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

No, but Independants have no love for them either... moderate Dems don't have much love for them either. And any doctor despises them .
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
            Do you actually LIVE in this country?!
            Nope. Texas.
            "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
            You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Ah, that explains it then .

Comment

and a few other things
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                  As near as I can tell, only republicans hate trial lawyers, because they keep suing their businesses for their misdeeds.

Do you actually LIVE in this country?! Opinion polls put trial lawyers on the same favoribility ratings as used car salesmen (about 10% for each).
                  Polls are manipulated into revealing whatever p.o.v.the poller wants to support. The average person has a hatred of all lawyers and not a particular specialization.

Delaware is home right now.
                  "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
                  —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc
                    Sharpton for Dem nominee!
                    Obviously a Republican partisan...
                    Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

• Polls are manipulated into revealing whatever p.o.v.the poller wants to support. The average person has a hatred of all lawyers and not a particular specialization.

God have you fallen for propaganda.

The trial lawyers are the hated breed. People don't hate District Attorney's (in fact Guiliani was one), they don't hate tax lawyers or real estate lawyers. Trial Lawyers give the profession a bad name.

Comment

• I'm a little behind in this thread, but...

Did anyone see Edwards announcement for forming his Presidential exploratory committee? Although cute, his entire speech was focus group tested and run past his handlers. How many different times did his use the word "champion" or "people's champion"? If he keeps using those same lines, he's headed down the Al Gore populist path...

Another consideration is how strong will the Democratic party be 2004? Right now the party is in disarray. Can someone point to the difinitive leader of the Dems or two solid leaders? If the party can't enforce a bit more discipline, is it headed to another defeat in the 2004 presidential race?
                        If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                          Polls are manipulated into revealing whatever p.o.v.the poller wants to support. The average person has a hatred of all lawyers and not a particular specialization.

God have you fallen for propaganda.

The trial lawyers are the hated breed. People don't hate District Attorney's (in fact Guiliani was one), they don't hate tax lawyers or real estate lawyers. Trial Lawyers give the profession a bad name.
                          "propaganda" What you talkin' 'bout Willis?

IIRC Guiliani's popularity was dropping like a stone prior to 9/11 and he wasn't too popular with the smart set in NYC due to his near Gestapo like tactics with the street artists. After the 9/11 Reichstag, his popularity soared, because unlike that carpetbagger Bush II, who pussyfooted to Airforce One as soon as he heard the news, Guiliani was actually out in the street the day of the attacks, for which I give him a lot of points and admiration.

Originally posted by Timexwatch
                          If the party can't enforce a bit more discipline, is it headed to another defeat in the 2004 presidential race?
                          If Bush II can maintain his war with Iraq or whoever through the 2004 elections, the Dems will not stand a chance. I don't think the American people will want to change horses in mid-stream, unless his handling of the war is an utter disaster.
                          "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
                          —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

• The Dems lost me for good. The funeral/political rally started it. The new "If you drive an SUV, you're supporting terrorism" is the final straw.

I'm really sick of the scare tactics they use.

Hey...I think I'll start a new thread....
                            Last edited by Skyjack666; January 10, 2003, 16:42.

Comment

Working...
                            X