Torture of detainees by the US?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torture of detainees by the US?

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Looks like those who accused the US of unethical treatment of prisoners in the war against terrorism had a point after all.

Personally I think this is a disgrace for the US, and the moral high ground they had is quickly fading away. Not to mention that all this is a blatant violation of international law.
    "On this ship you'll refer to me as idiot, not you captain!"
    - Lone Star

Troll.

Made them stand for a long time with darkened googles?

Oh, the humanity!!!!

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Re: Torture of detainees by the US?

Your acting like this is new news. People have been *****ing about this since the beginning. Where have you been?
      Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Good links Jaako. This is a deeply disturbing turn of events.
        http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Turn?

Comment

Continuation of events, rather.
            http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

*echoes Gibsie*

Turn?!

Comment

I was under the impression that terrorists could stay in a four-star hotel...
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Asher - so because they're terrorists, it's OK to treat them like ****, diobeying international law?

Comment

Where is the torture?

I've read the articles and it sounds just like regular police tactics in getting people to talk to me.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

If they're terrorists I honestly don't give a **** what happens to them.

And international law is a joke when you're talking about the US.

And once people actually prove people are being tortured, maybe more people will care.

When the same activist groups cry about how all these terrorists are being tortured, people act surprised when America collectively rolls their eyes and ignores it.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                        Where is the torture?

I've read the articles and it sounds just like regular police tactics in getting people to talk to me.
                        I wasn't even relating to the main article, just Asher's point that it doesn't matter how terrorists are treated. I'd say that keeping people in little cages and forcing them to stand blinded in heavy full body suits in Cuban heat is pretty barbaric though.

And Asher, the term 'terrorist' could be used to describe almost anyone who opposes a government if they wished.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                          And once people actually prove people are being tortured, maybe more people will care.

When the same activist groups cry about how all these terrorists are being tortured, people act surprised when America collectively rolls their eyes and ignores it.
                          Actually over here the newspapers had pictures of it all over the front pages. Is that not proof?

Comment

Originally posted by red_jon
                            Actually over here the newspapers had pictures of it all over the front pages. Is that not proof?
                            What pictures?
                            Are you talking about the transport pictures on the airplane?

And Asher, the term 'terrorist' could be used to describe almost anyone who opposes a government if they wished.
                            Uh...no...
                            "terrorist" does not mean someone who opposes a government.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

What pictures?
                              Are you talking about the transport pictures on the airplane?
                              No, the pictures taken at camp x-ray, of the Muslims being forced to stand in those suits.

Uh...no...
                              "terrorist" does not mean someone who opposes a government.
                              Well, it covers computer hackers apparently...

Comment

Working...
                              X