you so cruel!
    "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
    Drake Tungsten
    "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
    Albert Speer

Comment

HEY

Originally posted by Graag
      *while blackwidow bows my team of monkey assasins give her a wedgie so hard she implodes*
      You can't do that, That's my job
      The only reason I was gone for so long was because I hate you people!!!

Comment

Re: HEY

Originally posted by Blackwidow24

You can't do that, That's my job
        Giving yourself wedgies?

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

YES

I can only give me wedgies!!!!! Because I know how I like em'
          The only reason I was gone for so long was because I hate you people!!!

Comment

Re: YES

Originally posted by Blackwidow24
            I can only give me wedgies!!!!! Because I know how I like em'

ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Comment

I actually meant for this thread to be a place to talk about movies you just recently have seen. Instead of creating another thread on it. And hopefully I can have a thread get up to 500 posts . I have never done that.

I just recently have watched Training Day. I can see where Denzel Washington got the oscar for his performance. He was damn good. They did a real good job of portraying the neighborhoods as well. Although I'm not convinced how realistic that is. I have been driving around gang neighborhoods where I live, and I have not seen heavily muscled guys out on the curb greeting anyone who enters. Granted my city isn't nearly as bad as LA. But we have had a lot of LA gangs transplant into Las Vegas. And we do have a decent murder rate in N. Las Vegas. But it just isn't like what's in the movie.

Also I have trouble believing a police organization can be that corrupt. I believe there is corruption of course, but not that much.

Comment

Holy thread revival batman!

I saw Spy Game the other day... pretty obvious plot, nothing special

Comment

Seen in movie theatres within the last year -
                    Two Towers, Tadpole, Harry Potter 2, Road to Perdition, Chicago, La Dolce Vita, Some like It Hot and I'm forgetting some?
                    Training Day was cool.
                    This whole home/theatre going out debate is pointless. Do you really want to watch movies alone? I find it depressing. I like going out with friends, having a good time, driving around and then to the movie theatre? it's a whole experience - thing.
                    And when I watch movies in our dorms longue I always invite other people. Watching movies alone just seems a bit depressing, you know?
                    "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                    Drake Tungsten
                    "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                    Albert Speer

Comment

I just saw "the Ring." Decent horror flick.
                      "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                      -Bokonon

Comment

I would like to go the theater more often, but I don't.

Two Towers was an incredibly good movie for its genre.
                        I also loved the movie, Signs, when that was out.

I wanted to see Sweet Alabama, but now I have to wait for that to come out on video.
                        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

You kids are a bunch of crazy crazy mind blowing cats, but I dig it!

I hit the theatres when I can afford it, but when it comes down to buying a ticket to the cinema or affording a few more hours of reckless boozing... the decision's not all that difficult

I'm going to see 8 Mile in a few hours, I'm actually looking forward to it... I'm embarassed to admit that. I should probably shut up now, and perhaps flee the thread.

Comment

I had just been tallying what movies I've seen in the theater last week. I think it's 33 in total (although I might have missed one or two), 14 of those I saw last year.

This whole home/theatre going out debate is pointless. Do you really want to watch movies alone? I find it depressing.

Ahem... I saw 10 of those alone, the 4 others with family. In chronological order:
                            Mulholland Drive (very good, halfway through it got confusing, but I think I got it... But I might not know enough Lynch to be able to judge properly)
                            From Hell (rather disappoiting, I must say, but then, maybe I was just expecting another Sleepy Hollow)
                            Ali (pretty good, Will Smith looks surprisingly convincing, nothing too special)
                            The Time Machine (mediocre, especially so now I've read the book, I thought it ended rather abruptly and unconvincingly)
                            Ice Age (Hilarious!)
                            Attack of the Clones (erm... Star Wars, nothing deep, but just good fun)
                            Amelie (Marvellous!)
                            Signs (a bit different from what I expected, but good nonetheless)
                            Donnie Darko (very good, schizophrenia meets sci-fi, or something)
                            Das Experiment (good, chilling, psychological drama, though nothing new or unexpected)
                            Minority Report (great action... I wondered why they pull the plug on the precogs though, they might not be 100%, but they seem to give a good indication, or at least a decent start for investigation after the crime has been committed, although the entire setup around it was pretty Orwellian, but that didn't necessarily have anything to do with the ability of the precogs, just with the way the cops dealt with their information)
                            Avalon (I'm not sure, it looked nice and all, but nothing seemed to happen, really, I got the idea I had missed something, or I just didn't get it)
                            Bowling for Columbine (excellent, good mix of fun and more thought provoking stuff)
                            The Two Towers (no comment )

Only one this year so far (Die Another Day). I want to see a whole bunch more, although the recent ones are already running towards their end in the cinemas here, so I might not catch them in time.

I thought the first half of DAD was a bit dull (except for the opening sequence). I found the opening titles a bit cruel, with all "hot chicks" dancing around naked while James Bond was being tortured in the background. The second half more than made up for the first part, perhaps a little over the top (well, that can hardly be a complaint for a Bond film)...

I'm looking forward to 8 Mile too, so no need to be embarassed (or me along with you).
                            Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

ahh Mulholland drive. I'll have to rent that one. I'm not a big David Lynch fan, but I have seen a few of his movies. And this one has high reviews even if it is confusing.

Comment

And if not for the sophistication of the movie as a whole, you could just go rent it for the hot lesbian scenes.
                                Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Working...
                                X