No announcement yet.

Are you Ready for some Football - Week 16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barring some wacky upset, looks like the Pack gets at least a 1st round bye.

w00t.

Comment

Nevermind
      Last edited by Imran Siddiqui; December 24, 2002, 01:21.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Don't you even get started, Imran. Take the three stupid turnovers (two fumbles inside the 10 are inexcusable) off the goddamned scoreboard and it's a 21-10 Tampa win and things are a LOT different. Yes, Pittsburgh controlled the game, but if we get a couple of goddamned BREAKS, we get the win there. And considering the game came down to breaks with us playing backups at QB, I'll take something from that.

Don't forget, last year (and again this year) Imran said St. Louis would roll to the championship. We don't need a reminder what happened there - the writing was on the wall

I'm almost happy in a way. I'd rather have the chance to beat either Philadelphia or Green Bay on the road in the playoffs, so when it happens, all the critics will have to eat some crow even if we don't go all the way. Home field's no longer possible, but we can still get a first-round bye after Green Bay loses to the Jets and we shake the Curse off our backs for good against Chicago. (And don't forget, the sky's the limit once that happens - it's all in the mentality.)

Faithful to the ****ing end.
        CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
        Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
        Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
        Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

Not so fast Imran, Philly hasn't got homefield yet.

You think the Eagles will beat NY?

Maybe, but they still need to play the game.

If NY wins (the more likely thing, the Eagles still have a 3rd string QB, the G men have a decent Defense, Feely won't get free downfield shots on Allen and Peterson), and the Packers win, the PACK gets homefield throughout.

NOTHING is final yet, except that Tampa CANNOT get homefield throughout, which means they won't get a superbowl this year most likely.
          I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
          i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Boohoo, Reismark is still whining! If ONLY we didn't turnover the ball! Yeah, and if the Bengals didn't turnover the ball so much they would have been going to the playoffs.

Tampa basically shot itself in the foot to go to the SuperBowl and Reismark is STILL talking !

And your backups need to play better. I look at Philly and see they don't take moral victories with backups.

--

Chris, yes, perhaps I was a bit hasty, but Green Bay has a TOUGHER game than Philly does. The Jets are the better team than the Giants. And even though Philly has a third string, he's been playing great football (better than some #1s in the league). And you forget about the amazing Eagles D. I'd be suprised if the Giants got more than 10 points on them.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

I have been watching both all year, the Jets aern't better then the Jints this year, the Jet offense is more consistant, but the D is horrible this season.

I will be surpissed if the Eagles move the ball at all, the Giants usually shut down Duce Staley, they lost the last few times on McNabb scrambles.
              McNabb isn't playing, a 3rd stringer with limited mobility is.
              This is a nightmare match for Philly, a desperate Giant team on a sloppy field while they have a banged up offense.

Keep this in mind Imran, the two teams are basically the same from 2000, the Giants beat the Eagles three times that year, WITH McNabb.
              He's the guy the Giants fear.
              I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
              i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Obviously, since the Eagles have won 5 in a row WITHOUT McNabb, they are playing MUCH better as a team. And remember, they won 17-3 earlier this year over the Giants.

The Eagles will win again. The Giants will be lucky to get out of their alive with the Eagles Defense being what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris 62
                  Not so fast Imran, Philly hasn't got homefield yet.

You think the Eagles will beat NY?

Maybe, but they still need to play the game.

If NY wins (the more likely thing, the Eagles still have a 3rd string QB, the G men have a decent Defense, Feely won't get free downfield shots on Allen and Peterson),
                  You mean like Manning did to them several times on Sunday. The commentators even said they were vulnerable, Indy didn't figure it out until way too late.

ACK!
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                    Obviously, since the Eagles have won 5 in a row WITHOUT McNabb, they are playing MUCH better as a team. And remember, they won 17-3 earlier this year over the Giants.

The Eagles will win again. The Giants will be lucky to get out of their alive with the Eagles Defense being what it is.

I have watched the Giants the last few weeks, and they are playing great offensively. They have been a lot better since Chris 62's buddy and friend, Jim Fassel() started calling the offensive plays.

ACK!

Comment

And the Falcons offense looked out of sight before they went into Tampa. Great defenses can kill great offenses.

Comment

And the Falcons offense looked out of sight before they went into Tampa. Great defenses can kill great offenses.
                        Looking at the Eagles schedule, there is only one team with adecent offense that they have beaten, the 49ers.

And maybe or maybe not, St Louis.

ACK!

Comment

They also beat Indy and Tennessee that have decent offenses, and I'd say better offenses than the Giants (who really don't have a good offense). And they KILLED San Fran .

Comment

They also beat Indy and Tennessee that have decent offenses, and I'd say better offenses than the Giants (who really don't have a good offense). And they KILLED San Fran .
                            You better look again, they LOST to Indy and Tennessee!

ACK!

Comment

Ooops, I meant to say Seattle and Washington.

I wonder how the Hell I wrote Indy and Tennessee?

Comment

Ooops, I meant to say Seattle and Washington.

I wonder how the Hell I wrote Indy and Tennessee?
                                I guess we are tied 1-1 in the "correct each other" bowl.

ACK!

Comment

Working...
                                X