No announcement yet.

Best PC game developer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7+ years ago Blue Byte was among the best (#1 or #2), but at present time, I'd say Maxis (Well... mostly because of the about-to-be-released SimCity 4, but also because they have made many good games back in the days)

And since none of those where options, I voted for Banana Nut Software, like many others did (The Software company with most votes )...
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

blackisle
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Sorry about leaving out SSI, I just figured there would be few famillar with their great works.

SSI is easily in my top three.
        http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Microprose forever, it's kind of like Elvis. Everyone knows it/he is dead but still...

sigames today, for CM obviously.

Comment

LucasArts, for the adventure games not the Star Wars ****.
            Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
            Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

I voted ID because they actually releases most of their games for my OS

I would have voted Lucasart because of all the great adventure games they have made, but they get a for their unjust legal *****ing on ScummVM.
              We are the apt, you will be packaged.

Comment

Originally posted by Ari Rahikkala
                Does the company have to make games right now? I'd vote for Microprose UK myself... Mostly because of UFO: Enemy Unknown, actually, but also a lot of other classics...
                IIRC, UFO was created by Mythos Games.
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

YRC.
                  (You Recalled Correctly)
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I voted for Paradox, they make the best games these days.

Bioware would be a close second, and I'd also like to mention the development team of Atriarch for being the most interested in talking to the fans. (atleast they used to be.... it's been a couple of years since I last followed the game)
                    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I thought Microprose was just a publisher? Or did they kind of organise a bunch of different development teams, or something?

Beats me, but I remember their logo on all the classics.
                      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Well I like EA (though people have complaints on it, they brought me MOHAA), ID Software, and Westwood.
                        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Blizzard followed closely by ensemble. Firaxis was up there but have fallen significantly IMO since CIV3.
                          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                          If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                          Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Working...
                          X