No announcement yet.

Would peer pressure make you bisexual?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would peer pressure make you bisexual?

Apparently in the midwest most girls claim to be bisexual, and have had at least one homosexual experience -- mostly because of peer pressure.

So I thought I'd make a poll about it to see just how widespread this is.

If you were under peer pressure, would you have a homosexual experience and claim to be bisexual?

Edit: Clarification for Jon: Your friends really really really really want you to be bisexual!
    Yes
    13.79%
    No
    58.62%
    Banana
    27.59%
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

I think you should be more eplicit about the pressure

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

For the record, I voted "No" because I don't give a rats ass about peer pressure...
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Depends doesn't it. I suppose there are a lot of homosexuals despite the pressure throughout life to 'be straight'. I suppose it would be similar, but I don't quite know how
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Yes Asher. I've heard it from time and time again about girls experimenting in college. It does work for girls because of our culture. Go to a strip club for proof. Men want women to be together in various sexual situations.

But the reverse doesn't hold true obviously. Our culture is against gay male sex acts.

Comment

Lots of girls experiment in college, and lots of guys experiment in college too.

Most girls are more public about it because, as you said, it's more acceptable. The guy stuff happens too, it's just that it's not spoken of.

I just think it's ridiculous that so many girls would have homosexual experiences just because their friends think it's cool to do it. Hell, I'm bisexual and I find that deeply disturbing.

Comment

I can't imagine a situation where I would claim to be bi, but I can for having a homosexual expereince

Jon Miller
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Two male friends of mine hooked up with two female bisexual skanks at a party about a year ago. The skanks insisted that my friends make out with one another or else they wouldn't get any action (the skanks were "free-spirited" or "hippie" skanks, and believed that all people were bisexual but that most of them repressed their urges, so they were trying to get my friends to "unloose the shackles that society had placed on their sexualities"), so my friends french-kissed. I can only speculate as to how far they would have gone to get laid had the skanks insisted that a single french-kiss was not sufficient making-out to gay-ify them.

So yes, in my experience somebody can be made bisexual through peer pressure, especially if they are desperate for skanktified action.
                <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

the skanks were "free-spirited" or "hippie" skanks

Oh god, I'm crying right now.

Very definitely Wutang, loinburger.
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

In what way does having two girls force you to do something with a guy to get with the girls make you bisexual??

A single homosexual experience doesn't make you bisexual. In fact, that's not what this poll is about.

This poll is about whether you would have sex with someone of the same sex because of peer pressure (not hormonal pressure by holding sex with a gorgeous woman over your head) and then claiming to be bisexual afterwards.

Comment

Ah, well in that case, Banana.
                      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I always thought it would be really cool to be bisexual. I mean, who wouldn't want clothes sense, being slim and neat, along with the rep of being a swingin' dude... not playing favorites regarding who I sleep with, and all that...

The sex with men part is where I draw the line, though.

"I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                        "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

I think I see the problem.

lack of communication.

Jon is saying that women do say they are bisexual because men like that. And that is true. Most men do get turned on when women say they are bisexual. This is FACT.

but does that make them an actual bisexual? What exactly is a bisexual? Do they have to keep having sex with both for the rest of their life? Or do 1 or 2 experiences with a woman count?

The problem between the differing opinions is a matter of definition and miscommunication.

Comment

No, unless they were attractive (to me) peers (of both genders). In which case, I would already be bi-sexual.

Comment

I vote no.

Although no pear pressure to be a bi or gay in my school happened, there was a lot of "are you a racist" pear pressure. The type where if you didn't have sex with this ugly black girl you'll be labeled as a racist and get beatup constantly. And in my case, stabbed.
                              I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Working...
                              X