This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mmm.
    poor old Havak won't have enjoyed his festivities with Leicester's 13-26 loss to Wasps.
    I somehow doubt he'll be back here before the following match.
    I heard Galthié will no longer be professionnal at the end of the season, but he said he would try to find a club as an amateur for next year so he can play the world cup if needed. Tamerlin, are there any rumours around Colomiers?
    Clash of Civilization team member
    (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
    web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

• Originally posted by LDiCesare
      Mmm. I somehow doubt he'll be back here before the following match.
      I think he is missing Finbar and will be back after he will have recovered from his hang over, say tomorrow when he is back at work.

I heard Galthié will no longer be professionnal at the end of the season...
      This is a tremenduous loss for the french Rugby, who will be able to replace him?

Tamerlin, are there any rumours around Colomiers?
      I have spoken about Rugby with some friends last night and I heard their Rugby school has not met their expectations. One of my friends told me something about the future of Colomiers but I can't remember what. I think the future of this club will largely depend on their results in the french championship this year. If I learn something more I will post a reply here.

Happy new year!
      "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Originally posted by finbar
        I'm b-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-c-k!
        Welcome b-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-c-k Finbar!

I have read your post last night but I must admit I was just back from the new year's eve night and too lazy to reply...

If we're talking about the same thing, there's a rough equivalent in English. "Get nicked" is a euphemism for "Get F***ed". "To nick off" is a nice euphemism for "to go" or "to leave".
        "To n**k" is a french slang word which stands for "to f**k" which is of course a word no one should use as it is rude.

"To get F***ed" is also a french slang sentence meaning that you have been somehow crooked by someone.

I did! Played lots of cards...
        I imagine you playing Bridge, am I right?

...did lots of crosswords, walked the dogs on the beach a lot.
        In french we call this "Lézarder", a lizard baking under the sun doing nothing but enjoying having nothing to do.

But endearingly so!

Happy new year Finbar!
        "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Originally posted by Tamerlin
          One of my friends told me something about the future of Colomiers but I can't remember what.
          Tamerlin was on the turps!
          " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
          "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

"To n**k" is a french slang word which stands for "to f**k" which is of course a word no one should use as it is rude.

"To get F***ed" is also a french slang sentence meaning that you have been somehow crooked by someone.
            "Get f***ed", in English, is still a supreme insult. Its milder, euphemistic forms are "get stuffed", "get rooted", "get knotted", and so on. Also, in English, we have an equivalent of your slang - being somehow crooked by someone - which is to be "f***ed over". If someone "f***s you over", they cheat you in some way.

I imagine you playing Bridge, am I right?
            Not at the moment. We play Solo, which is the intermediate game between 500 and Bridge. I had a couple of Bridge lessons once and we were only talking over the break about stepping up to Bridge.

In french we call this "Lézarder", a lizard baking under the sun doing nothing but enjoying having nothing to do.
            I was one very comfortable lizard!
            " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
            "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Tamerlin was on the turps!
              Not really as it was a relatively "sober" New Year's Eve and nonetheless a very entertaining one. We have drank some alcool but there has been no abuse this time, we could even organize another party with the bottles left. Actually, we should...

This is a real little memory loss, I hope the Midi Olympique will give us more information on the Colomiers and Fabien Galthié subjects.

Comment

"Get f***ed", in English, is still a supreme insult. Its milder, euphemistic forms are "get stuffed", "get rooted", "get knotted", and so on. Also, in English, we have an equivalent of your slang - being somehow crooked by someone - which is to be "f***ed over". If someone "f***s you over", they cheat you in some way.
                Internet is magical, you are always learning new useful things.

Not at the moment. We play Solo, which is the intermediate game between 500 and Bridge.
                I have never heard about this game though I am not often playing cards. I sometimes play tarot but I am not a skilled player as I don't have a good memory of the cards played. I have much less troubles learning rules which is a boon when you play wargames and especially games such as World in Flames (a game designed by an Australian company by the way).

I was one very comfortable lizard!
                As should be any man with a bit of "savoir vivre".

Comment

I did! Played lots of cards, did lots of crosswords, walked the dogs on the beach a lot.
                  No civilization like computer game?

Comment

• No civilization like computer game?
                    If he didn't, I took my share. Just 4 different games in two weeks.
                    I now hope the weather will allow me to play some rugby in January, which is quite uncommon here (frozen terrains and such...).
                    web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

If he didn't, I took my share. Just 4 different games in two weeks.
                      You have wrote some posts in the CtP2 forums a few weeks ago, are you addicted to this game now?

I now hope the weather will allow me to play some rugby in January, which is quite uncommon here (frozen terrains and such...).
                      I have always compared living in northern France with living in the North Pole.

Comment

No civilization like computer game?
                        No computers, no email, no computer games for a week. I didn't even have withdrawal symptoms.

Comment

• You have wrote some posts in the CtP2 forums a few weeks ago, are you addicted to this game now?
                          Not really addicted. I like it but the AI is pitiul. I played Cradle a bit and the ai is better there but again at impossible it wins by having too many advances instead of being smart. And that I don't like. I have great hopes for Dale's Ages Of Man, however, and will check it when he completes the stuff. I'd like to play scenarios for CtP2 as they could be great, but there aren't many. If any. I played CtP2, Civ2, cEvo (a civ2 clone with less randomness and unit workshop but still too clonesque and poor AI to my taste) and Clash. But the last doesn't count as I spent more time programming and modding it than acutally playing. Or did I?

No computers, no email, no computer games for a week.
                          That is something I try to do once a year. But since I have a laptop, my wife keeps thinking I will be carrying it along with me even on holidays. It's not I'm addicted to computers. Do I spend up to 2 AM and later in fornt of my computer? ... I do!

Comment

Not really addicted. I like it but the AI is pitiul.
                            You are right but CtP2 is still my favorite computer game because of many cool features.

I played Cradle a bit and the ai is better there but again at impossible it wins by having too many advances instead of being smart. And that I don't like.
                            I have not tried Cradle mod yet, I am rather conservative as far as CtP2 is concerned and Cradle is focusing too much on the ancient age. I will nonetheless give it a chance... someday.

I have great hopes for Dale's Ages Of Man, however, and will check it when he completes the stuff.
                            Dale's project is indeed very interesting, I am also eagerly waiting for its completion.

I'd like to play scenarios for CtP2 as they could be great, but there aren't many.
                            I don't play any scenario as I like the scope of the original game, starting from prehistory to build a civilization is what I prefer.

If any. I played CtP2, Civ2, cEvo (a civ2 clone with less randomness and unit workshop but still too clonesque and poor AI to my taste) and Clash.
                            I don't play Civ2 no more since I play CtP2 with the SAP2 mod.

If you are interested in Science-Fiction you should try Space Empires 4 Gold published by Shrapnel games, the AI does not cheat and is considered as a fair opponent.

But the last doesn't count as I spent more time programming and modding it than acutally playing. Or did I?

This will perhaps be my lot when I start modding CtP2... someday.

That is something I try to do once a year.
                            I have never even thought about trying...

Comment

• Happy New years guys.

So you know this is "off-topic" right?
                              It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• Originally posted by Havak
                                Happy New years guys.
                                You too! Haven't caught up with the Wasps score, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X