Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hard Core Conservatives Defecting From Bush?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sava
    Just because I'm straight doesn't mean I can't love another man... and love doesn't equal sexual attraction or anything like that...
    Uhhh... Stay away from me please!
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by Felch X
      It'll get you banned, gsmoove. Besides, why bother immitating when Fez already does it for you?
      Umm... I don't have any DLs. And I am Fez, not anybody else. And the immense amount of photos of I post of myself proves I am a real person, not gsmoove's DL. We been through this already.
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

I'm sure Fez will be taking another vacation shortly if this shtick of his continues in this thread ...
        "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Okay gatekeeper if you feel that might be the case, carry on. I will abstain from commenting any further.

Comment

Fez, I realize this is a threadjack but I have a question I want to ask of you.

Growing up I was taught that homosexuality was a sin, a choice and not a predispostion. Now I have come to believe that homosexuals indeed are different from heterosxuals due to some biological or genetic factor.

This leads me to conclude that homosexuals should be treated with equal respect and affection irrespective of any religious teaching. There is no basis for predudice at all.

But homosexuals would still have to be classified as defective nonetheless because they do not normally reproduce. If all humans were homosexual the human race would become extinct.

Do you agree with my thoughts?

BTW, I support BAMing, I think it has a valid place in the discussios here since these are not formal debates per se.

Comment

We can all hope for that

To the original topic: The hardcore conservative movement is as radical as the hardcore liberal movement. Both see themselves as revolutionary, but all revolutionaries meet the same porblems when they come to power: they must fulfil the whishes of the un-revolutionary masses. The high principles of such individuals simply fail when they come up to the harsh realities of power: they have no chance of lasting in the real hals of power, if they hope to get anything done.
              If you don't like reality, change it! me
              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

BAM's are fun when you're too lazy to look up info. I'm going to start an "I love Fez" club... who wants to join?
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

But homosexuals would still have to be classified as defective nonetheless because they do not normally reproduce.
                  So are sterile people also "defective"? What about those who choose not to have children?

Labeling people as "defective" is the start of a long slippery slope. No, strike that, it's already 2/3s of the way to the bottom.
                  Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                  Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by jimmytrick
                    Fez, I realize this is a threadjack but I have a question I want to ask of you.

Growing up I was taught that homosexuality was a sin, a choice and not a predispostion. Now I have come to believe that homosexuals indeed are different from heterosxuals due to some biological or genetic factor.

This leads me to conclude that homosexuals should be treated with equal respect and affection irrespective of any religious teaching. There is no basis for predudice at all.

But homosexuals would still have to be classified as defective nonetheless because they do not normally reproduce. If all humans were homosexual the human race would become extinct.

Do you agree with my thoughts?

BTW, I support BAMing, I think it has a valid place in the discussios here since these are not formal debates per se.
                    Okay I was asked a question but have to keep it short. My food is getting cold.

Do I support what you are saying? No I do not. It is not a defect to be gay.

Sava stay far away from me.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmytrick But homosexuals would still have to be classified as defective nonetheless because they do not normally reproduce.
                      OMG, I didn't even read this part... yikes jimmy...
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'll join, because of course he's my DL.

Comment

Originally posted by Fez
                          Sava stay far away from me.
                          Dude, I'm like, thousands of miles away from you. BUT DON"T WORRY, I STILL LOVE YOU
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by gsmoove23
                            I'll join, because of course he's my DL.
                            haha, okay, put this in your sig "Member of the ' I love Fez' club"...
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Fez, go take a Mydol and lay down for a while

However, keep in mind that in previous wars we have seen far greater abuses of civil liberties. And so far it seems most of their worst actions have been taken against suspected terrorist
                              Except this time we're being asked to tolerate restrictions on civil liberties for an indefinite period of time.

I don't mind when the politicians talk about this stuff; they want to act they're actually doing something. It's when I see surveys and polls that show support for liberty and First Amendment restrictions in the name of security I get worried. Be careful what you wish for....
                              "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

Further, how do immoral acts in the past justify immoral actions today?

*Note - I'm defining restricting liberties in wartime as immoral.
                                Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                                Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X