No announcement yet.

Oh my God

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't quit school, under ANY circumstances. Work any other problems out after that.

Don't get married/quit school for the kid's sake, you won't be doing her, her mother or yourself any good in the long term. In fact you'll make things far, far worse.

Oh, and don't follow any 'holyer than thou' responsibility
    crap, remember the source of the advice, those people
    in general are miserable and poor.

Comment

Can I say something that nobody's brought up yet?

Congratulations! Good shot.
      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Ah- Ned beat me to it. Anyway, millions of 20 year-olds become fathers every year, and a lot of them manage to make a good job of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
          I apologize for that statement. His actions are morally bankrupt.
          Having sex is morally bankrupt? Wow, you're puritanical.

Comment

Doesn't British Columbia have a pretty generous national health system and child care policy? If the government will pick up the tab for the hospital stay and help out with child care then maybe having a family and getting through school really is do-able after all.
            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Well, make sure you carefully plan for his Pro-Centre, or something.

Comment

Oh my God you saw Max Graham??
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                  Doesn't British Columbia have a pretty generous national health system and child care policy? If the government will pick up the tab for the hospital stay and help out with child care then maybe having a family and getting through school really is do-able after all.
                  It is, I did it (ontario) . No child care help eithier. Best thing i ever did for myself and my family.

Kind of jumpin' the gun about the family part though. If he wasn't thinking of proposing to her last week he shouldn't be considering it this week.

Comment

Sava spoke his mind in a serious situation, and I for one am not at all offended - y'all know how vocal I can be around here, so who cares. Yet at the same time, I'd just like it to be known that I'm not running around sex crazed - at all. This girl... There was something between us that made for fits of passion - which, odddly enough, don't entail good preparation

In any case... abortion is absolutelty not an option, we're not like that. This is about giving the best to a new human being, and for that I'm a little giddy. It's not going to turn into a tough situation, the initial decision making is just confusing.

Now - marriage? Hehehe... I always dreamed of buying the biggest rock for my beautiful bride. Who knows?

Asher... you're learning quickly!!!

Comment

If you're serious...

We could move in together and raise the girl as if she was our own? Hmm? Can we, please?
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I'm glad that you aren't offended Zylka... and best of luck in your situation. However, this site does not allow personal attacks... and Sava has been warned to not do such things in the future I'm glad he did apologize.
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Zylka,

I'm biased because a friend had this happen, so I'll say don't put the cart before the horse. Forget about playing house and concetrate on whether or not it is yours. All else should come after. Don't worry whether or not if would offend her. It's your right to know if the kid is yours.
                          If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

Best of luck Zylka. I've got some friends with kids and they've managed all right. It's a big thing, but you're a smart fellow, and you can handle things on your own all right. And, you've got dozens of geeks on an Internet forum rooting you on - and we all know how useful that is.
                            John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Don't drop out, but if times become tough, there's always a community college...well, at least where I live, I don't know how it is up in canadia
                              "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                              ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                              "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

The UofC has childcare you know.

Comment

Working...
                                X