Oh my God

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh my God

I'm still buzzing from the night out, seeing Canada's biggest and my favorite dj Max Graham. Sooooo... I can't sleep, due to a recent turn of events, and just have to share them somewhere

12:30pm I get a rather emotional call, from a lovely sweetheart I know from Vancouver. We got pretty close over my summer trip, and for what reason - I ask fate?

She's pregnant.

It sounds as if I have a little girl due in 5 or so months. I was skeptical at first, didn't think they could determine the sex that early - but then I wondered what the point of an elaborate headgame along these lines would be?

I mean, don't pass judgement too quickly, if you knew me in real life you'd see a face drastically different from what you gather on this hallowed apolyton site. But... I'm 20 bloody years old - what the hell is this???

It was always the plan of course, I would die for a little girl to call my own - a princess to raise, love and protect. This, however, is too early. I have no doubt of the love I (or her, for that matter) can give this child, but what of the life we can supply? Out of school in a good 7 years I'll surely be making 6 figures, but it now seems 7 years too late. So, should I just drop it, start a run of bartending and waiting to prepare and then hope something adequate eventually comes along, or stick it out in the institution?

I have no idea what else to expect in life from this development... Have any of you had children out of marriage?

(Help)

Do you really think you are at a stage where you and your parnter would be capable of being good parents and raising her well? If not, you may want to recommend adoption, but it's your call to make...
    "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

this is really big

Jon Miller
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Well take out a loan and pay your dues. You will only have twice the debt to pay out when you finish your education.
        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

how old is the girl?

Jon Miller
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

That's what you get for being completely irresponsible. You obviously have no common sense, and its too bad that you are going to subject another human being to being brought into this world into such a terrible situation. But I love how you still come on these boards and brag about the terrible decision you make in life.

Go get a vasectomy before you create any more bast4rd children.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

If you're not going to be constructive, there's no need to say anything at all. He didn't ask for your judgments.
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

That's what the world needs, a little Zylka running around.

I wouldn't recommend quitting the career course, but you do have serious conversations in store for you.
                A little girl. That's good, Z. Circumstances could be better, but hey...
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                  If you're not going to be constructive, there's no need to say anything at all. He didn't ask for your judgments.
                  He asked for advice on what to do... getting a vasectomy is the best advice I could give. In terms of the relationship situation... I don't know... if he loves the girl, then get married. If not, support her in any decision she makes; emtionally or monetarially.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                    That's what you get for being completely irresponsible. You obviously have no common sense, and its too bad that you are going to subject another human being to being brought into this world into such a terrible situation. But I love how you still come on these boards and brag about the terrible decision you make in life.

Go get a vasectomy before you create any more bast4rd children.
                    Spoken like a true Bible Thumping right winger.

Seriously Z, do what ever possible to get the career. But under no circumstances give up all your time that you could have otherwise had with the little princess.
                    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

I have no advice to give. I don't have to worry about such things.

But to be perfectly honest, I have a little doubt as to the honesty of this--he's jerked our chains before many times. Little boys who cry wolf...
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

F*ck you, Sava! Zylka is going through a tough time now, he doesn't need those sorts of tirades like you made in your first post. He doesn't need your judgments that he is completely irresoponsible or has no common sense. That added and helped in no way.
                        "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe

Spoken like a true Bible Thumping right winger.

Seriously Z, do what ever possible to get the career. But under no circumstances give up all your time that you could have otherwise had with the little princess.
                          You obviously don't pay attention to these forums. I'm the farthest thing from a bible thumping right winger. If anything, its spoken like a good, moral person who isn't going to blow sunshine up someone's 4ss. Zylka, while morally bankrupt, needs to make a responsible decision here. All that matters is the welfare of that little girl to be.

ps.. you don't need religion to have morals... and likewise, many religious people have no morals.
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

It's possible, but not easy, to go to college, work, and raise a kid at the same time. The important thing to remember is that your future education is expendable, but the job is not (since you need cash money to raise a kid). If you wind up getting your degree in 14 years instead of 7 years as a result of your education taking a back seat, so be it.

It's also not the end of the world not to have a college degree. My aunt and her husband both flunked out of college after a year or two, yet they still have salaries that are pretty much equivalent to those of their siblings (one electrical engineer, one dentist, one CPA, and one chemical engineer) 'cause they worked their asses off at their jobs. If you wind up never getting a college diploma 'cause you're busy raising a kid, so be it.
                            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

You're all assuming there really is a little girl. It may be that Zykla's chain is being yanked...again.
                              ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                              ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Working...
                              X